Author Topic: Northern Iowa  (Read 37714 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Northern Iowa
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2016, 11:00:40 AM »
YSU 17-13
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2016, 11:42:31 AM »
 6-3 in OT

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2016, 08:33:12 PM »
Well running quarterbacks do get hurt. Surprised it hasn't happened sooner then this. I thought we could turn to Wells, but apparently he is know longer on the team. Prior to these injuries U.N.I. really had the offense figured out. This offense needs a quarterback who can throw downfield and a bigger running back..this trip into Stambaugh tonight is miserable so far..Hopefully Davis or Hosick can return

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2016, 09:33:29 PM »
Great 22 play drive..Let's do it again..We have their defense right where we want them and our defense is playing lights out..Hold on Boys!!

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2016, 10:21:01 PM »
Great 22 play drive..Let's do it again..We have their defense right where we want them and our defense is playing lights out..Hold on Boys!!

Great win!! DEFENSE!!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2016, 10:30:30 PM »
Defense is for real folks. Believe in this squad!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2016, 10:58:39 PM »
Ohio State and YSU are the only 2 schools (FBS or FCS) to not allow a rushing TD. FYI ;)

Well there you go, the kiss of death

I gladly stand corrected
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2016, 11:08:07 PM »
D did a great job all game. No O for the first 2 and a half qtrs but did just enough to get it done. Some real questionable play calling ( I am being kind ). Flat out lucky to have that many turnovers and still win. UNI did not look good at all.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2016, 02:38:09 AM »
I'm not certain Wells is no longer on the team---I think Bo mentioned after the game that he was still injured.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2016, 07:59:31 AM »
Thank god for defense and special teams.   Offence needs help.  Our QB needs to be a QB first then run if needed and to keep the defenses honest. 

I can't say I thought Wells was the greatest but thought he was much better than what we have now.  Too early to comment on Mays.  Everyone complained about Wells and the interceptions. These guys have thrown pics in every game so far.  Even the weenie games..  And bad pics.  Really bad throws. 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2016, 09:01:18 AM »
Wells has a shoulder injury that's not getting any better. Could not even run scout team. Hosick's career is done. It's down to Davis and Mays.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2016, 09:10:38 AM »
Wells has a shoulder injury that's not getting any better. Could not even run scout team. Hosick's career is done. It's down to Davis and Mays.
I don't buy the shoulder injury report Bo gave

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2016, 09:18:12 AM »
When Davis comes back Montgomery will have to dummy down the offense and have Ricky throw from the pocket..There is know other solution..know quarterback can take this physical abuse over and over running the ball

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2016, 10:42:11 AM »
I am going to say it again ...some of you are full of crap. You know, "questionable play calls" is the only thing you can say negatively about tonight's contest. We are supposed to be the most intelligent fans, yet you cannot look at everything in a game. This was a classic battle, driven by your 3rd-string QB and your OC and you cannot talk about how great it was to see the offense give itself (and this team) some identity. If we do happen to make the post-season...this will be the reason why. Yet our in-game thread is titled as some more unjustified for anti-Montgomery crap? My fault ... I left the house without creating the thread 8-hours before the game started.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 10:57:33 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2016, 10:46:47 AM »
Been saying all along we needed to find an identity. Think we got one if we decide to use it.
A Penguin for life!!!