Author Topic: Bobby Morris  (Read 53846 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Bobby Morris
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2016, 10:08:10 AM »
Yes Well's is definitely the best passer of the 3. Not sure he is better than Mays though ...we have not seen Mays in real action. Bo has no right to complain about Hosick.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2016, 10:19:21 AM »
Mays should have started the second half. A missed opportunity in my honest opinion
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 10:20:37 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2016, 10:44:39 AM »
As an aside, Lynn Bowden was offered by YSU:
@h_huncho: Blessed and honored to receive and offer from my home town college Youngstown State ⭕️⭕️⭕️⭕️

We won't get him, but it is good to at least offer him. He will go to the upper half of the B1G.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2016, 10:47:11 AM »
Buddy, Wells is still with the team for this season. He is still our best option in the passing game, but he will not play this year. This offense to my understanding needs a quarterback that is mobile

ValleyTalk

« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2016, 11:14:04 AM »
He went from #2 to not playing at all. Just speculating, but this is typical for a redshirt. I don't see why someone can't be redshirted outside of their freshmen year. The idea behind it is to get a fifth year. That is the only thing that would make any sense to me.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2016, 11:27:09 AM »
No snaps in last 3 games Wells is as good as gone.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2016, 11:47:13 AM »
Wells is an after thought now, let it go. Same with Mays. Not concerned by yesterday. Obviously they didn't show much of any of the playbook. Hosick left me underwhelmed but as long as Davis is back healthy that's no problem. Onto conference play fellas.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2016, 11:56:49 AM »
All I learned from this game is if Ricky Davis is our best option at QB we are in trouble.  Hosick performance was mediocre and against that competition he should have destroyed it.  I don't want to hear that we weren't up for the game and it's the competition and we aren't showing anything.  The league already know what this sh**ty offense will do after what 8 yrs of Monty. Let's hope we win 7 games.  I am in the Penguin Club and spend good money and what I see is a program with no identity or direction and I think it's time to pull the plug on me giving so much.  Let me clarify about Davis.  We expose him to to many unnecessary hits and he doesnt protect himself as well and play smart.  I like him but just don't see him staying  healthy.  Makes me sad I love YSU but it's on fumes right now and if it's losing my interest why would the casual fan want to come see them play.  Well newsflash!  They aren't. Especially against that competition.

Post of the year material here. 

I fully agree.  I hate these games and I am not going to watch them anymore.  I don't care about it and if we lose we more than deserve it.  We don't belong playing these stupid teams and we don't belong in the MVFC.  Wish the people at the top would recognize this. 

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2016, 12:19:42 PM »
Wells is an after thought now, let it go. Same with Mays. Not concerned by yesterday. Obviously they didn't show much of any of the playbook. Hosick left me underwhelmed but as long as Davis is back healthy that's no problem. Onto conference play fellas.
I couldn't agree more. People on here say things like they know what's going on, some of it is comical, but I want to clarify something... people keep saying Ricky got hurt running the ball and needs to be less physical in his play, Ricky was not hurt running the ball against WVU. On the interception that got called back at the end of the first quarter, he was nowhere near the runner and was targeted by a DL and a LB who drove him into the turf face first with both of them on top of him. Bo went to his defense against the refs but no flag was thrown. He played the 2nd and 3rd qtrs a little dizzy. When Bo questioned a decision late in the 3rd qtr he found out he wasn't thinking clearly and took him out. The kid is tuff and we will be good with him at the helm. Go Guins!!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2016, 12:29:03 PM »
Mayor, thanks for the clarification.  Those of us who just watched the WVU game on TV obviously did not see that.

As far as Wells, there is clearly a "gentleman's agreement" in place here.  He will help the team prepare and work the headphones but will not see the field.  That way, he can redshirt and preserve two more years of eligibility after he transfers to a lower level school.  This is the honorable solution for all parties concerned.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2016, 12:46:43 PM »
Being tough is all good but we and he need to be smart about how we use Ricky.  We all know he is tough.  I want a running QB that's a threat to run, not a threat to pass.  His body of work hasn't showed that's he's a complete QB.  If you would ask any league Defensive coach what 12's tendencies and strength is I am sure the response would be all the same.  Good athlete that can run, still needs work on his pass game .  He reminds me of Pryor to be honest.  Again he has improved and let's hope he continues to develop
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2016, 12:53:54 PM »

I fully agree.  I hate these games and I am not going to watch them anymore.  I don't care about it and if we lose we more than deserve it.  We don't belong playing these stupid teams and we don't belong in the MVFC.  Wish the people at the top would recognize this.

Wow,
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2016, 01:20:59 PM »
Being tough is all good but we and he need to be smart about how we use Ricky.  We all know he is tough.  I want a running QB that's a threat to run, not a threat to pass.  His body of work hasn't showed that's he's a complete QB.  If you would ask any league Defensive coach what 12's tendencies and strength is I am sure the response would be all the same.  Good athlete that can run, still needs work on his pass game .  He reminds me of Pryor to be honest.  Again he has improved and let's hope he continues to develop
His body of work is 1 3/4 games. He runs the plays that are called and if he can get some help with the dropped balls he will get better. He currently has the same completion percentage that Hunter had last year and gives us the running ability. Remember, he led the team in rushing and passing against WVU and didn't play the 4th qtr. Not saying he don't need to improve but he watched other people take all the snaps the last 3 years in games and practices, I would expect a little rust. If you want to be a hater, go on and hate. The Coaches and the players picked him to be the man. Ricky and the Guins are going to be just fine.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2016, 02:17:02 PM »
Far from a hater but a fan but a YSU season ticket holder and. Penguin Club member for 25 yrs that  have seen the program regress and lose its fan base.  We have not made the playoffs in 10 yrs and I want us and Rickey to do well but with all the near misses etc it's hard to believe.  I agree about the WR play it's been inconsistent.  Go YSU!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2016, 02:30:45 PM »
Far from a hater but a fan but a YSU season ticket holder and. Penguin Club member for 25 yrs that  have seen the program regress and lose its fan base.  We have not made the playoffs in 10 yrs and I want us and Rickey to do well but with all the near misses etc it's hard to believe.  I agree about the WR play it's been inconsistent.  Go YSU!
Well good. Lets all get behind these boys and see what they can do! There will plenty of time to analyze after the season. Football should be fun for the fans and the players. Let's have some fun on here and support our team. :)