Author Topic: Bobby Morris  (Read 53845 times)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby Morris
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2016, 05:12:55 PM »
I predict we will punt very little or not at all and Zac Kennedy will have a sore leg after the game 

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2016, 05:20:16 PM »
I predict most RMU players will reluctantly take the field, although a few will be found clustered in the locker room rocking back and forth in a fetal position and blowing snot bubbles.  A few players from both teams will be later seen at C Staples in the third quarter.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2016, 05:44:50 PM »
FYI: The reason Kent of Akron have come to YSU first is because they will simply ask us to travel there, and then cancel the return. Happens all the time.

Again, if we are supposedly in the strongest conference, then why not schedule the conference bye in 12-game seasons?

Right now we have to worry about getting those additional loges built, as soon Duquesne will want a return game and we need the revenue that we will lose.

LOL. The day we play a game AT Duquesne with their 2,000 seat stadium is the day I stop caring about YSU football. Joke.

Wow interesting comment
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2016, 06:24:03 PM »
while it is fresh ...please let's not blame the opponent for tomorrow's rain-game attendance. You know as well as I that it will be a bs lie. I think the only rain game sellout ever was against UNI ...I think it was 2006 or 07. Tressel never sold out a home rain game ...even in the post-season with only 16k seats. I was at every home game in the entire Tressel tenure. The closest he came was that first Akron game, where we had rain and a great crowd. I think that was his second year. Those were the days where fans stood around the fence though and looked for free ...no visitors seats. Awesome site to see.

Go Guins 42-10 good guys.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2016, 06:50:16 PM »
I predict most RMU players will reluctantly take the field, although a few will be found clustered in the locker room rocking back and forth in a fetal position and blowing snot bubbles.  A few players from both teams will be later seen at C Staples in the third quarter.

Just telling you like it is...attended way to many of these games at Stambaugh...it is a perfect storm...the triumvirate of disaster, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost of football conflict - rain, weak opponent, OSU on at 7:30 with OU (Which has the Mooney following to boot)...the three factors that lead to poor attendance.   

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2016, 07:22:05 PM »

Just telling you like it is...attended way to many of these games at Stambaugh...it is a perfect storm...the triumvirate of disaster, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost of football conflict - rain, weak opponent, OSU on at 7:30 with OU (Which has the Mooney following to boot)...the three factors that lead to poor attendance.   

GO GUINS

The game is going to be moved to the WATTS.   why should 30 fans get wet?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2016, 08:24:02 PM »

GO GUINS

The game is going to be moved to the WATTS.   why should 30 fans get wet?

Haha I like it

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2016, 10:10:11 PM »
Maybe 1,000 in attendance tomorrow. And yes we can, and will blame the opponent.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2016, 10:57:09 PM »
Ok so here is a suggestion, there are folks on this board that are convinced they have a better understanding of how to run a Division 1 football program then the folks now running it. Better understanding of the costs of running such a program. Better understanding of how to generate funds. Better idea of how to put together a schedule. Hey maybe you do have a better idea. So put that knowledge to work, put the details in writing and present them to the AD, if he does not listen go to JT if he does not listen go to the trustees. If none of them listen let us know. Trust me when I say that I do not have a horse in this race, anything that can improve YSU football I am for.

In the meantime how about we agree to support our team and be upbeat.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2016, 06:22:42 AM »
Well Guinpen, I thought we had a solution.
Blame the people who follow Ohio State.  Blame the people that follow N.D.
Blame the uneducated football people that follow high school football to re-live their glory days.
Just don't hold anyone accountable for putting out an inferior product.  Heck, we might even be able to get government subsidies for doing such.

OK, sarcasm aside - you have a very valid point.
I know JT reads his mail as I have gotten replies.  The rest...who knows?

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2016, 07:44:08 AM »
Rise and shine fans it's penguins game day !! The kids fun day has been cancelled do to the expected rain. I just hope we don't go through the motions like last year. Never a easy thing for the players or fans to get up for a game like this, but it is what it is

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2016, 12:31:10 PM »
NDSU 7
Iowa   0

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2016, 12:49:41 PM »
7-7

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2016, 01:05:02 PM »
Iowa 14-7

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2016, 02:04:19 PM »
14-14 3rd