Author Topic: YSU Football conference oppenents  (Read 36169 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: YSU Football conference oppenents
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2016, 10:13:56 AM »
Well I had NDSU with 2 losses at this point. So much for that
We'll just caulk that up to you being a fan.  We know you know plenty enough about FB to recognize how good NDSU really is.  We NEED to win Saturday to help make the NDSU game less of a playoff impact.

Actually, their SDSU game is next week. I had NDSU losing to both SDSU & Iowa, so 2-losses after next week was my thought. I had hopes that MSU and EWU would upset them; but with the Bunnies terrible rushing and line this year ...that "ain't gonna happen".

Finishing touches were to be YSU, UNI and USD. However, USD still is a possibility, as do we also have a good chance to beat the Bison. UNI wins against the Buffalo-Bills if Stick becomes as mobile behind center as he is capable, we will see first-hand on Saturday. anyway, that would have only been 4-losses, with a possibility of 5. Even a 5-loss NDSU team makes the post-season, but they do not win the conference or national title. Right now, they would have to collapse for 3-losses. Which should keep them from the conference crown ...I am good with for now.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 11:00:47 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2016, 10:16:56 AM »
Just got back from vacation in Hilton Head SC.  Lost a few days plus this whole week to Matthew.  Listened to the game on iHeartRadio and play by play on YSU app by Presto Sports.  Both did a great job, but the play by play update on the app was real time, and iHeart had a pretty big delay so I always knew what was going to happen when the radio call started.  My concern about Ricky being a run first Q
We had no damage, but a TON of trees down, all over the island.  We're not going back until November, as I would only be in the way at this point.
YSU running game needs a healthy Ruiz.  Webb is a great change of pace guy, but we have no power.  IAA do you know what's wrong with Martin?
Ricky is definitely a run first QB and he is going to get hurt playing the way he plays.  Wish he would look off even once.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2016, 12:26:42 PM »
SD's QB was 8 of 12 for 182 through the air and 12 for 128 on the ground against UNI.  Against the Guins he was 10 of 27 for 141 tossing and 14 for 14 running.  Gives me confidence that YSU's D will shut down UNI's dual threat QB, and that Ricky will have a good game against UNI's D.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2016, 12:35:46 PM »
SD's QB was 8 of 12 for 182 through the air and 12 for 128 on the ground against UNI.  Against the Guins he was 10 of 27 for 141 tossing and 14 for 14 running.  Gives me confidence that YSU's D will shut down UNI's dual threat QB, and that Ricky will have a good game against UNI's D.
Nice report.  Thanks for the update, and we are home too.  Not sure how 2-3 UNI is ranked ahead of us, but we can fix that Saturday night.  Don't need it Saturday, but what every happened with fireworks after 7 pm games?

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2016, 09:56:08 PM »
No clue... I don't recall seeing fireworks after a home game for a while (with the exception of the few they shoot off at the end of games sometimes).

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2016, 10:03:30 AM »
No clue... I don't recall seeing fireworks after a home game for a while (with the exception of the few they shoot off at the end of games sometimes).
No, it's been several years, but I liked them when we did them.  We are in the center of the fireworks industry with Phantom, and only play one night game...........  Whatever. 

Where is 1AA on this?  He has every obscure statistic on everything YSU.  I'd expect him to list the YSU record in games with and without fireworks!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2016, 04:58:57 PM »
No, it's been several years, but I liked them when we did them.  We are in the center of the fireworks industry with Phantom, and only play one night game...........  Whatever. 

Where is 1AA on this?  He has every obscure statistic on everything YSU.  I'd expect him to list the YSU record in games with and without fireworks!

I was on it already. The issue is the development of WATTS and the fact that they had to move the handicapped parking. They say that we have no room to do it. I suggested to Zambelli that they use one of fireworks trailers that I have seen in the road beside the Ice Castle. That was at a basketball game just last year. The issue that I see is still parking. That would spray dust and coal on the mixed faculty lot by the ticket entrance. I suspect that the change to Phantom and the fact that Zambelli has become a major player in the world stage has a lot to do with it.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2016, 05:23:55 PM »
Probably twice as far as the WATTS, but Ursuline has a practice field on the north side of its "campus."  Lots of leverage in negotiating with them since their home FB games are at Stambaugh.  I would think if you launch there its still close enough for a good show.  The school's insured in case it burns down.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2016, 07:44:20 PM »

I was on it already. The issue is the development of WATTS and the fact that they had to move the handicapped parking. They say that we have no room to do it. I suggested to Zambelli that they use one of fireworks trailers that I have seen in the road beside the Ice Castle. That was at a basketball game just last year. The issue that I see is still parking. That would spray dust and coal on the mixed faculty lot by the ticket entrance. I suspect that the change to Phantom and the fact that Zambelli has become a major player in the world stage has a lot to do with it.

Please never again fireworks. I hate fireworks. I sit on the east side, I park on the east side of the stadium, the last time they shot off fireworks they did not allow us to go to our cars, police kept us in the little parking area right outside the stadium. Had to stand there until the fireworks were finished, I hate fireworks, by the time we got to the car we smelled like we had been at the Little Bighorn, car smelled like gun smoke . I hate fireworks.

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2016, 09:46:57 AM »

I knew we could count on you to have the answers!  I certainly recognize the change in space with the WATTS, and given a choice, WATTS or fireworks, it's definitely WATTS, but I think there has to be a way.  The Indians are right downtown, with no open area to speak of and they have fireworks all the time.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 11:45:29 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2016, 08:24:21 AM »
Tell you what guys, I watch alot of football games over and over in this conference and by far YSU, NDS, and SDSU are the 3 best teams. SDSU is the most rounded of the 3. Their Qb, WR's, Rb's, and TE's are just incredible and their offensive line is very similar to our's, but not quite as good. They put up close to 600 yards yesterday in the Fargo Dome, but only managed 19 points. Give credit to the Bison Defense it could of been alot worse because they had 1st and goal 3 times and came away with zero points. SDSU defensively is very sound and they have 2 very good ends and a couple of down lineman that remind me of Savon Smith. One of the best offense's in the nation versus the best defense..I would give anything to be in Brookings for this game
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 08:26:35 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »