Author Topic: YSU Football conference oppenents  (Read 36168 times)

Offline mayor

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU Football conference oppenents
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2016, 12:24:17 PM »
What makes it hard to interpret the ooc results is the large amount of games that the MVFC played against the Big Sky.  Statistics mean little because Big Sky teams tend to have prolific offenses but don't play much defense. 

I watched much of the Illinois State-Indiana State contest on Saturday and was shocked to see how poorly both teams played defense.  If our defense is as good as we expect, we should do just fine against conference foes that are challenged on that side of the ball.
IDK!! I just hope the "O" we seen so far is not what's to come for the MVFC! Already, top running QB has been out with a concussion   :'(
Again, he was NOT hurt running the ball. WVU players ran past other YSU players to hit our QB during the interception that was called back. It's the only time you can legally hit a QB and they took advantage of it. Part of the game. fb

Even worse. Hurt last year in limited play and already concussed this year in a little over 5 qtrs. I really hate to see anybody hurt but #12 just don't seem to durable for all the running etc. he's expected to do  fb
I don't know why you're saying these things but yes he dislocated his middle finger last year but missed no time and this year he played two quarters after getting a concussion. Seems to me he is very durable. If you want a QB that avoids contact let's go back to what we have had the last couple of years and listen to you b**** about him, or we can go with the JUCO transfer, Really? Or you can try to be fan and root for the team and let's see what happens.  :o

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2016, 12:55:23 PM »
What makes it hard to interpret the ooc results is the large amount of games that the MVFC played against the Big Sky.  Statistics mean little because Big Sky teams tend to have prolific offenses but don't play much defense. 

I watched much of the Illinois State-Indiana State contest on Saturday and was shocked to see how poorly both teams played defense.  If our defense is as good as we expect, we should do just fine against conference foes that are challenged on that side of the ball.
IDK!! I just hope the "O" we seen so far is not what's to come for the MVFC! Already, top running QB has been out with a concussion   :'(
Again, he was NOT hurt running the ball. WVU players ran past other YSU players to hit our QB during the interception that was called back. It's the only time you can legally hit a QB and they took advantage of it. Part of the game. fb

Even worse. Hurt last year in limited play and already concussed this year in a little over 5 qtrs. I really hate to see anybody hurt but #12 just don't seem to durable for all the running etc. he's expected to do  fb
I don't know why you're saying these things but yes he dislocated his middle finger last year but missed no time and this year he played two quarters after getting a concussion. Seems to me he is very durable. If you want a QB that avoids contact let's go back to what we have had the last couple of years and listen to you b**** about him, or we can go with the JUCO transfer, Really? Or you can try to be fan and root for the team and let's see what happens.  :o

That's the problem with this board!  Point out a concern about what I believe will become an issue without disrespecting or name calling and get told to be a fan  ::) Practice what you preach,, You and many others on here really showed #6 some love  :o  I hope you're right #12 is the guy to take YSU back to the big dance. I want nothing but success for the program. fb

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2016, 04:39:28 PM »
I think what we're saying here Mayor is we just want Ricky or Trent to be a little bit smarter when they run the ball. I love their competitive nature, but both of them have taking unnecessary hits to this point while running. I can't imagine the coaches are telling them not to slide when there going to get hammered by multiple defenders. After watching Trents passing performance against Robert Morris I want Ricky to be the guy going forward in conference play since they are going to redshirt Wells even though the plan was for him to be the back-up
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:48:10 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2016, 05:12:37 PM »
You're talking about Ricky being not durable but #6 has been a sitting duck back there in the pocket for the last 2 years. Ricky gives us the best chance to win. Simple. Deal with it. Injuries happen.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2016, 10:38:38 AM »
Illinois st. @ NDSU and WIU @ SDSU two big games

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2016, 08:42:43 AM »
Illinois st. @ NDSU and WIU @ SDSU two big games

Looks like I'll be dealing with the same ole' sh** from the worst "O" coordinator in the history of football. Is Klasic (sp?) still available  :o Also #12 was getting banged up pretty good from the worst "D" in the MVFC. Not to sound negative,, I just don't see him making it in tact  :-X

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2016, 09:30:38 AM »
Does anyone give Missouri St. a chance at home against NDSU.. The Bears have one of the top rushing defenses in all of FCS..As far as the playoffs are concerned we need to hope the Bison take care of business. The Bears just could be a 4-5 win team this year..At the same token we just need to win conference games and control our own destination

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2016, 11:49:05 AM »
Does anyone give Missouri St. a chance at home against NDSU.. The Bears have one of the top rushing defenses in all of FCS..As far as the playoffs are concerned we need to hope the Bison take care of business. The Bears just could be a 4-5 win team this year..At the same token we just need to win conference games and control our own destination

No.  Will be interesting to see if SD can give UNI a game.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2016, 12:53:49 PM »
I think UNI has finally started to find their offense and that will be a difficult game for SD at home. This is a must win for us, No easy games left for us from here on out

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2016, 03:59:43 PM »
MSU has more than a chance.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2016, 07:52:19 PM »
WIU 36 Indiana St 35...The refs TOTALLY screwed the Sycamores

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2016, 11:01:05 PM »
SDSU 45 Southern 39..1,200 total yards in this game..Everyone's offense versus our defense..Defense wins championships!!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2016, 12:42:36 AM »
I'm glad the guins won  ;D. And I am surprised that SD beat UNI. I was thinking of calling that upset earlier in the week, but thought long and hard and figured it was unlikely.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2016, 12:04:03 PM »
Well I had NDSU with 2 losses at this point. So much for that

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2016, 09:39:24 AM »
Well I had NDSU with 2 losses at this point. So much for that
We'll just caulk that up to you being a fan.  We know you know plenty enough about FB to recognize how good NDSU really is.  We NEED to win Saturday to help make the NDSU game less of a playoff impact.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!