Author Topic: Who is gone?  (Read 32624 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Who is gone?
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2016, 08:23:00 AM »
My brother was bio-chem at YSU,he worked many years at Mobile/Exxon and now works for a private research oil company. YSU has served myself and both of my brothers well.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2016, 10:59:27 AM »
That's really the point I was trying to make.  In my class at YSU, some got into Ivy League med schools, tOSU, Cincy, Georgetown....

A WBB player with good grades, and good MCAT scores....will write her own ticket for med school from YSU.  To be blunt, the only reason to transfer is if you need a school's name to compensate for a lack of academic performance....I'm not suggesting that's the case here...just noting that the best med schools will take a YSU student who has distinguished themselves.

She'll have a full scholly anywhere, but for someone wanting to launch their career and having to pay for their education, it is foolish to pay more at another University for equal opportunity.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:02:23 AM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2016, 11:11:15 AM »
For decades, the YSU pre-med program has been preparing students for NEOCOM in Rootstown, and for, as Nation points out, every other med school in the country.  I am not buying this.  This reminds me of a Boldon recruit from West Virginia who started at point guard as a freshman and then transferred, citing academic reasons.  Where did she end up?  At some podunk branch of West Virginia.  That is like transferring from YSU to Kent-Trumbull.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2016, 11:41:47 AM »
My guess is playing time. YSU went pretty small this year, relying on the 3 point shot, more than I think Barnes wanted. Regardless, it frees up another scholly.

Offline popsicle

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2016, 04:24:46 PM »
Just noticed Bryce Nichols on the current NCAA transfer list..

Online YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2016, 04:34:57 PM »
That would be transfer #2.   YSU basketball is a complete mess and no accountability from the AD to the coaching staff.   You will never see me at a game again. 

Online YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2016, 04:45:53 PM »
I believe that makes it 11 transferred out the last 3 years and counting.   Yet sign Slocum to an extension

Online YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2016, 05:04:21 PM »
Andrews is transferring to South Alabama

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2016, 05:59:21 PM »
Just noticed Bryce Nichols on the current NCAA transfer list..

Yep, he is gone as well.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2016, 06:18:17 PM »
The Jambar ‏@TheJambar  10m10 minutes ago

.@YSUMensHoops Head Coach Jerry Slocum will return for the 2016-17 season according to the YSU athletic department. http://www.thejambar.com/slocum-returns/

Well I know how many games I'll be attending next year... Same as last year... ZERO. Shame on the athletic department.

Online ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2016, 08:10:52 PM »
Not ready to jump off the ledge.  Hate that Jordan left.  With a year off he will physically mature and be a nice shooting guard.   Bryce was only a red shirt frosh but he lacked the back to the basket skill.  He was never going to be a banger but could have been a decent shot blocker with his length.  I think Haygood has more potential.

YSU needs to find another big with Hain and Nickels gone.  Hopefully we can get a transfer.   Umude,Haygood,and Kaufman need to stay healthy.

Offline popsicle

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2016, 07:23:42 AM »
It's OK Buck...you can jump. The bar's not set very high for MBB, you won't get hurt! In fact, you may find that it's not a "jump" but rather a "step up" to get off any ledge with regards to MBB.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2016, 12:32:28 PM »
A Vindy perspective sans the Slocum enabling and praise:

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/mar/20/penguins-have-own-madness/

Thanks Ed for making some mention of the transfer express that JS has created.