Author Topic: Who is gone?  (Read 34740 times)

Offline jbags

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Who is gone?
« on: March 18, 2016, 03:21:15 PM »
It's about the time that we hear who is leaving the men's basketball program. It happens each and every year. Hard to develop a program with constant defections. Keep an ear out

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Who is gone?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 04:19:39 PM »
It's about the time that we hear who is leaving the men's basketball program. It happens each and every year. Hard to develop a program with constant defections. Keep an ear out

This team is a pretty close-knit bunch.

Offline jbags

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 05:02:42 PM »
You watch... it happens every year...never any growth

ValleyTalk

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 12:01:42 AM »
Bye bye Andrews. His reasoning at link...

@j_andrews25: Thanks again to everyone.
https://twitter.com/j_andrews25

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 12:29:55 AM »
This is just unreal. A transfer 3 years in a row. Continuous 20 loss seasons. What a joke this program has become. Shameful.

Offline jbags

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 08:37:27 AM »
Close knit bunch huh? Told you someone would leave...maybe more...This will happen til our head coach goes. Sad...no continuity..ever..

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 08:45:09 AM »
Are we overreacting? Yes we are. This will happen every year with any coach on the sidelines. If you are a bottom-feeder, players think they can do better. If you are a top team players get no playing time. If you are a middle-of-the-back team, nobody cares.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 09:34:18 AM »
In conference play, he was our third leading scorer....as a freshman.

Expecting the next years under Slocum to be any different than the past 11 is delusional and moronic.

Like he did for FB, moRon Strollo has again doomed the future of another revenue sport...with Vindy writers cluelessly cheering it on.

Will Slocum now trash Andrews....as he did with others who escaped....and say this is "addition through subtraction"...of a player HE recruited?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:39:58 AM by Penguin Nation »
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 12:59:57 PM »
Are we overreacting? Yes we are. This will happen every year with any coach on the sidelines. If you are a bottom-feeder, players think they can do better. If you are a top team players get no playing time. If you are a middle-of-the-back team, nobody cares.

We're not overreacting. This does not happen every single year to coaches. It's just a sign of where this program is.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2016, 02:49:57 PM »
I think kid set fresh records for 3's.  If he was going home to a D-2 school I would sign off his release.  This has happened way to much and the kids go do a better D1 school.  Strollo is on record that he is way to easy  on letting kids go.  We are not a training ground for other D1 schools.  How can we keep Slocom after all these defections.  I don't care how cheap he is. This program and Slocom are the laughing stock of D1 Basketball. You cannot develop from within by people leaving and let them leave because they are homesick.  What a joke
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2016, 04:11:42 PM »
OKay ...riddle me this batman ...

1. Do we know why he is leaving?
2. Do we know where he is going?

Here is what we do know:

1. He is not as good of a guard as Davis
2. He is not as good of a guard as Santiago
3. He is not as good of a guard as Morse
4. He gave us a solid 20-minutes per game and averaged just over 7.9-points per game.
5. Needs work on rebounding.

It is a loss no doubt.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2016, 05:02:35 PM »
Andrews has a big upside.  Great stroke with good b-ball skills.  He just needs maturity as any other frosh.  Hate to see him leave.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2016, 06:14:25 PM »
it doesn't matter if he wasn't as good he was a fresh and we need depth on the bench.  So instead of building a player to get to his Senior year.  Another school gets him.  Sorry don't buy it.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2016, 07:06:12 PM »
This is the third straight year we lost a good player.  Basically 3 starters .  Ryan Weber averaged 10.5 pts at Ball st.  The kid we just lost was a top fresh on its all league newcomer team.  I boycotted last year and I am boycotting again till a change is made.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2016, 07:27:03 PM »
I posted this article on a related thread earlier this month, but it seems timely to bring it back:

http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/mar/02/like-it-or-not-slocum-will-return/?print

It is an article from 2011.  Here is an excerpt:

"He’s also struggled to keep players. Six have left in the last 12 months, with another, Devonte Maymon, likely to leave after this season. If you make the argument that most of them needed to go — something I’ve heard — well, who recruited them in the first place?"

This is not just the last three years, but losing talent is an ongoing pattern with Slocum. The next sentence summarizes the absurdness of renewing Slocum's contract:

"Slocum isn’t going to change."

Five years later we know Scalzo was correct....Slocum doesn't change....and yet moRon renews his contract anyway.

The following sentence summarizes moRon's hamster wheel brain:

"Athletic director Ron Strollo isn’t satisfied with winning 25 percent of the Horizon League games every year but he also doesn’t want to make a change just for change’s sake."

Umm...yeah....you wouldn't be making "a change just for change’s sake"....you f***ing idiot.....you'd be salvaging what used to be revenue sport that is also an epic embarrassment.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen