YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Article by Scalzo

<< < (5/6) > >>

ytowngirl:
While I believe the MVFC is the best IAA football conference, once NDSU leaves, and they will, you won't be the best anymore. 

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Regardless of how many consecutive championship's they have won, one team does not define a conference. South Dakota beat them in Fargo and the majority of the conference played them close

Penguin Nation:
The playoff selection committee had to put the MVFC teams in the same side of the bracket to avoid another all-MVFC national championship.  NDSU will upgrade, and maybe be replaced by UND.  I actually think the MVFC will look very different in five years...but who will be better then the MVFC? Southern?  CAA? Please....

Wick250:
Never in the history of IAA/FCS football has one conference been so dominant.  Nation is right; The NCAA rigged the brackets, placing all five MVFC members on one side, to avoid the repeat of 2014.  The three other conferences that have been traditionally strong have all deteriorated.  The Southern lost Georgia Southern, Appalachian State, and Marshall.  The Big Sky at one time had Boise State, Nevada, a strong Idaho, and Montana....now half of that conference actually stinks.  The CAA suffered from the loss of Old Dominion and the struggles at Delaware.  Also, who knows what happens at the basketball school, Villanova, once their venerable coach leaves.  Meanwhile in the MVFC, everybody gets better striving to catch up with NDSU.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytowngirl on March 20, 2016, 09:06:22 AM ---While I believe the MVFC is the best IAA football conference, once NDSU leaves, and they will, you won't be the best anymore.

--- End quote ---
they might, but NDSU will not win as much the next 5-10 years as the last 5-10 years either.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version