Author Topic: play-offs  (Read 24602 times)

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: play-offs
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2015, 07:40:33 PM »
Did anyone happen to see Richmond? A little bit of a surprise there.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2015, 07:59:10 PM »
Did anyone happen to see Richmond? A little bit of a surprise there.
I didn't see it but Richmond must have a pretty good offense. They amassed 567 total yards and Illinois st. running game was shut down forcing Tre to put up the ball 45 times

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2015, 10:04:45 AM »
Illinois State did not show up for the game.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2015, 10:45:59 AM »
Richmond has a very good TB and an outstanding WR with that last name of Diggs I believe that ILSU could simply not stop. Some stupid turnovers really cost ILSU the game.

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2015, 12:26:50 PM »
Could Illinois  State be the next  Chock U. ? ::)

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2015, 12:50:03 PM »
Let's make the Play-offs before calling others Choke U.  Nine years and counting!

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2015, 03:34:59 PM »
UNI has made the playoffs 9 times to YSUs 1 since 2000. I'm betting most YSU fans would like to choke that much. YSU is on the cusp of irrelevance if they don't start getting into the playoffs regularly.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2015, 06:50:38 PM »
Let's make the Play-offs before calling others Choke U.  Nine years and counting!

Sorry but they have earned the title of Choke U over more that the last 9 years and it has nothing at all to do with how often YSU has made the play-offs.

If I cared enough ( and I do not ) I would check, to see, who has the record for most play-off appearances without a title. If they are not at the top of that list they certainty are near the top. That my friend is why they can be called Choke U.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2015, 09:18:35 PM »
I know that EKU and Furman have been there; although EKU has a couple of titles, but they have been to the post-season probably more than any other team. I have all of the historical brackets, I will check that out after Christmas ...not enough time right now.

Right now I like being #1 in active teams (well now tied with NDSU) in number of titles ...so let's just hope there is someone left that can beat NDSU, because I do not think there is and I do not want to drop to numbers 2/3.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2015, 12:29:47 PM »
Did you guys see the number of FBS transfers on the field in the CSU v JSU game? I mean fo JSU on defense, there is only 1 starting player that is not an ACC/SEC transfer. Our division is officially a joke.

Fan,
Where did you get your info?  I just looked at their starting lineup, and I only see 1 FBS transfer on offense and 3 on defense.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2015, 05:51:40 PM »
It was on the broadcast. The announcer said that only Hough at CB and Owino at DL were not  transfers. Then they brought in Sterling at DL (Washington State) and the announcer commented that now all of their d-line were FBS transfers. I will admit that I did not look it up, so if you saw it, they and I could be wrong.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2015, 09:26:33 AM »
Amen to that.  Heard last night the Giants were 5-6 and would be 9-3 if the games ended 2 minutes sooner.  Well, look at our record through 3 quarters over the last few seasons, and we have NO ROOM to call anybody chokers (or even chockers!) 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2015, 11:54:19 AM »
It was on the broadcast. The announcer said that only Hough at CB and Owino at DL were not  transfers. Then they brought in Sterling at DL (Washington State) and the announcer commented that now all of their d-line were FBS transfers. I will admit that I did not look it up, so if you saw it, they and I could be wrong.

Imagine that, a broadcaster stretching the truth.