YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

4th Quarter

<< < (5/7) > >>

JP21:
I'm sorry folks but NDSU sucks this year and it's not even close.  They shouldn't have even been in that game if it wasn't for our horrible special teams and inept offense in the 4th quarter. 

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on November 15, 2015, 12:19:30 PM ---What I want the offense to do is get a 1st down in 4 drives. It's pathetic that this man is able to keep his job. Time and time again we always blame the defense because of the late game meltdowns. Only a few of us point out that playing defense in college football is hard enough, but you cannot put your defense in absolutely terrible positions late in the game. To get shutout in the 4th quarter of close games is unacceptable

4th quarter of the Southern Illinois game- 0 Points (And we all know about the failed HB pass in OT)
4th quarter of the Western Illinois game- 0 Points (Just 3 points in the 3rd)
4th quarter of the NDSU game- 0 Points (No first downs in the last 4 drives)

--- End quote ---

Let's be realistic. The final drive does not count. Bo had 2 15-yard penalties and also a half-the-distance. We needed 46-yards for the 1st-down. Clearly not possible in the remaining time or distance. So why don't you post the same drive summaries for our opposition?

Please post the last 4 NDSU drives. Don't bother ...here you go:

1. Punt kick returned to the NDSU 48. after we sack them and a penalty, a fair QB (at best) hits a man wide open after our coverage drops off. What was it about 62-yards?
2. punt return to the YSU 39 ...NDSU field goal. I was very pleased with the D on that.
3. NDSU punts & then penalty takes us back to the 6-yard line. On that one we had the bad pass from Davis and it was his series. I thought it was smart call to leave Davis in, but furious we did not capitalize after we got one of only 2 stops in the second half. If you want to hang it on Montgomery, go ahead, it is his call and he should suffer the wrath. None the less ...a bomb down to the 2.5 yard line an subsequent NDSU score.
4. They go into a simple I-formation and ram it down our throats for a TD.

The point is, we needed a stop and/or a drive & we got neither. I am quite aware that we could not move the ball; but I am equally aware that we could not stop NDSU. The two of you refuse to see the latter.

PS: The SIU half-back call was probably too aggressive, but it had to be thrown by the back ...a bootleg would have been blown-up right out of the gate.  Let's not forget the Webb had the 1st-down if he ran, but he chose to stick with the script. I do not blame him ...that is how they practiced it.

Also, Itavious is a great receiver, probably only his second drop, but amplified. Then again, he is a short distance guy; but I was screaming with joy when he got behind their zone & even more when Wells nailed the pass. Such a shock to his him drop one. Harvin still has my vote for Offensive POY.

lakesbison:

--- Quote from: JP21 on November 15, 2015, 09:33:46 PM ---I'm sorry folks but NDSU sucks this year and it's not even close.  They shouldn't have even been in that game if it wasn't for our horrible special teams and inept offense in the 4th quarter.

--- End quote ---

SUCKS?  9-2  with 2 losses on last second field goals.    cmon dude.

Now, based on the last 4 years of extreme domination by NDSU, then yea, maybe this year "sucks"  but ill take that "sucking" all day, every day dude.

JP21:
I'm referring to you sucking in terms of how good you have been in years past.  I am also taking into consideration that you have a back up QB.  You guys are having a bad year in terms of other years. YSU has a long way to go unfortunately.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on November 15, 2015, 10:09:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on November 15, 2015, 12:19:30 PM ---What I want the offense to do is get a 1st down in 4 drives. It's pathetic that this man is able to keep his job. Time and time again we always blame the defense because of the late game meltdowns. Only a few of us point out that playing defense in college football is hard enough, but you cannot put your defense in absolutely terrible positions late in the game. To get shutout in the 4th quarter of close games is unacceptable

4th quarter of the Southern Illinois game- 0 Points (And we all know about the failed HB pass in OT)
4th quarter of the Western Illinois game- 0 Points (Just 3 points in the 3rd)
4th quarter of the NDSU game- 0 Points (No first downs in the last 4 drives)

--- End quote ---

Let's be realistic. The final drive does not count. Bo had 2 15-yard penalties and also a half-the-distance. We needed 46-yards for the 1st-down. Clearly not possible in the remaining time or distance. So why don't you post the same drive summaries for our opposition?

Please post the last 4 NDSU drives. Don't bother ...here you go:

1. Punt kick returned to the NDSU 48. after we sack them and a penalty, a fair QB (at best) hits a man wide open after our coverage drops off. What was it about 62-yards?
2. punt return to the YSU 39 ...NDSU field goal. I was very pleased with the D on that.
3. NDSU punts & then penalty takes us back to the 6-yard line. On that one we had the bad pass from Davis and it was his series. I thought it was smart call to leave Davis in, but furious we did not capitalize after we got one of only 2 stops in the second half. If you want to hang it on Montgomery, go ahead, it is his call and he should suffer the wrath. None the less ...a bomb down to the 2.5 yard line an subsequent NDSU score.
4. They go into a simple I-formation and ram it down our throats for a TD.

The point is, we needed a stop and/or a drive & we got neither. I am quite aware that we could not move the ball; but I am equally aware that we could not stop NDSU. The two of you refuse to see the latter.

PS: The SIU half-back call was probably too aggressive, but it had to be thrown by the back ...a bootleg would have been blown-up right out of the gate.  Let's not forget the Webb had the 1st-down if he ran, but he chose to stick with the script. I do not blame him ...that is how they practiced it.

Also, Itavious is a great receiver, probably only his second drop, but amplified. Then again, he is a short distance guy; but I was screaming with joy when he got behind their zone & even more when Wells nailed the pass. Such a shock to his him drop one. Harvin still has my vote for Offensive POY.

--- End quote ---

#3 on your list is where the "retard" in Montgomery kicked in and probably cost us the game.  If you are going to pass the ball on a 3rd and 6 then you put your best QB in there.  Hunter was having a good day too.  The back-up QB missed the throw by 5 yards and the safeties were beaten once again.  How about the play calls before the throw on that series?  Run up the middle against a stacked box?  Just stupid, especially when the deep and intermediate pass was open because the safeties were out position and were slow. The only time we threw the ball in first down was when we were backed up against our own end zone and that doesn't make any sense to me, but it is a tendency that the OC has and NDSU was ready for it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version