YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

4th Quarter

<< < (4/7) > >>

footballfanatic:
I am not going to argue back and forth with any of you on whose fault it was/is. Like I said before football is a team sport and it takes a team effort to win every game. It is so easy for all of you to say what you would or wouldn't do but have you ever taken a snap at quarterback? Have you ever had 40 seconds to decide in the crucial part of the game whether you are going to blitz or stay back in coverage? It is not as easy as it looks. This team is playing with a lot of heart and they have a leader and a coaching staff that they believe in. Good things are coming to them all.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: footballfanatic on November 15, 2015, 10:59:19 AM ---I can not figure out what you all want the offense to do. One week you are asking for Ricky Davis because Hunter Wells sucks. You are begging to let Ricky throw the ball. When he does you complain that Hunter should have been in throwing it. You want Tressel ball but when we run the ball you complain. This was a hard fought game by both teams and the officials decided it. With all of our offensive line issues I am very impressed how the guys up front did yesterday! They played toe to toe with NDSU and those guys were huge!

We are a few plays away from being 8-2! Yesterday we had dropped passes, blown coverage and bad bad special team play and still had a chance to win at the end. Football is a team sport and this loss is on the team (coaches and players) They will bounce back because they have a lot more character than many of you on this board!

--- End quote ---

I have never stated I want Ricky Davis.  I want Hunter to use his progressions and I want to run smash mouth football.  If they stack the box like then did, then open it up and throw it.  As I stated before, the post was open all day long.

footballfanatic:
penguin power - I didn't mean I don't know what you want. I know you have supported the decision to start Wells. I just meant if you go back and read all the posts there isn't a coach in America that could please this crew! Unless we were 10-0 😉

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: footballfanatic on November 15, 2015, 01:52:34 PM ---penguin power - I didn't mean I don't know what you want. I know you have supported the decision to start Wells. I just meant if you go back and read all the posts there isn't a coach in America that could please this crew! Unless we were 10-0 😉

--- End quote ---

True and winning helps with agreement on the site.  Btw who is coaching special teams?  They suckedticated all day long.

YSUGO:
If #9 catches the ball and if we didn't have 3 poor punts back to back to back which gave the Bison great field position we probably had a win. Yesterday special teams killed us from running out the Kick offs and our Kickoff coverage was pathetic.  I have said this many times JT said special teams are 1/3 of the game u win that you usually win.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version