YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Where was Trevor Strickland?

(1/3) > >>

YSUFANSINCE1990:
 Watched the entire game, Strickland, our best lineman never played. Went back and watched again, and I was correct never on the field.

TV broadcast was awful with road announcers, they never addressed it.  He is our left tackle, critical backside tackle to protect QB blindside.  Anyone know if he is hurt or another issue?   He would be a big loss.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: YSUFANSINCE1990 on October 05, 2015, 08:04:34 AM --- Watched the entire game, Strickland, our best lineman never played. Went back and watched again, and I was correct never on the field.

TV broadcast was awful with road announcers, they never addressed it.  He is our left tackle, critical backside tackle to protect QB blindside.  Anyone know if he is hurt or another issue?   He would be a big loss.

--- End quote ---

Broadcasters probably had no idea who he was, and just used the 2-deep roster given to them before the game.

I didn't mind those guys, we get some real homers on some of those road feeds.

ysuguins4:
The pre-game radio show made no mention of his absence.  Sure hope he's okay.

ysuguins4:
What did they say about his status on the radio show?

ysuguins4:
From Steve Wilaj's Vindicator article

The Penguins may once again be without their starting left tackle Trevor Strickland, as Pelini said the senior is questionable to play against Illinois State due to “personal issues.” The 6-foot-7, 300-pounder started the first three games of the season before sitting out last week’s game at South Dakota. He also started all 12 games in 2014. Sophomore Cameron Fraser started in Strickland’s absence against the Coyotes.

“He has some personal issues that we’re handling internally,” Pelini said. “We’ll go from there and see how it plays out.”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version