YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU @ South Dakota: 10/03 3 pm

<< < (5/11) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:
^^^ GOOD POST^^^

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on September 20, 2015, 11:11:32 AM ---The Yotes joined the MVFC in 2012, and YSU has won all three meetings with USD (13-10 in 2012, 38-34 in 2013, and 28-17 in 2014).

Last year, entering the fourth quarter at the Castle, USD was leading 17-7 until YSU scored three touchdowns in the final quarter.  YSU dominated the stats (except only converted 1/10 third downs) and had 557 yards of total offense.

The Yotes are 2-1 this year with a a 34-0 loss to K State, and wins over two feeble opponents: 27-17 over UC Davis and 52-0 over nonscholly Drake.  The last conference win for the Yotes was @ UNI on 10/19/2013.

Last week versus Drake, RB Trevor Bouma ran for 118 yards and 3 TDs.  QB Ryan Saeger passed for 2 TDs, no INTs, and 157 yards.

Massey gives YSU a 63% chance of winning, and predicts a score of 26-21.

--- End quote ---
My pick in this one 31-20 Guins. The only 2 close games S.D. had last season in conference play were to us and Northern Iowa. They won't go winless this season in the M.V.C..It will be very interesting to see what they try and do to match up with our running game..that seems to be a primary concern of theirs as we averaged 7 yards a carry last season That should give us more opportunities in the passing game.

Blo Pelini:

--- Quote from: YSUFB93 on September 28, 2015, 07:59:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: nova75 on September 27, 2015, 08:08:36 PM ---Bo has coached in the NFL, SEC, Big 12, and Big 10. I really doubt that with his experience he is going to have issues figuring out the MVC

--- End quote ---

he had issues stopping RMU from running the ball. you left out the part where he got FIRED from all those jobs as well

--- End quote ---

Going back to his days at Nebraska, Bo's scheme can produce epic meltdowns defensively.  So, regardless of what level of sports he coaches, good coaches can beat his schemes, and it happens over-and-over again.

Here is a chart a Nebraska buddy sent me about Bo's defenses in some games and how they rank in the HISTORY of Nebraska football.  Not reassuring...

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Blo Pelini on September 29, 2015, 02:00:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: nova75 on September 27, 2015, 08:08:36 PM ---Bo has coached in the NFL, SEC, Big 12, and Big 10. I really doubt that with his experience he is going to have issues figuring out the MVC

--- End quote ---

he had issues stopping RMU from running the ball. you left out the part where he got FIRED from all those jobs as well

--- End quote ---

What you fail to account for is depth of the teams.  When he has depth it doesn't happen.  Nebraska cannot recruit like it once could.

Going back to his days at Nebraska, Bo's scheme can produce epic meltdowns defensively.  So, regardless of what level of sports he coaches, good coaches can beat his schemes, and it happens over-and-over again.

Here is a chart a Nebraska buddy sent me about Bo's defenses in some games and how they rank in the HISTORY of Nebraska football.  Not reassuring...

--- End quote ---

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Blo Pelini on September 29, 2015, 02:00:51 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

:o Seems your Nebraska buddy is a bit of a dick,, how's his new coach looking on "D"  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version