YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU @ South Dakota: 10/03 3 pm

<< < (4/11) > >>

Wick250:
Since we survived, the Robert Morris letdown was a good thing that should lead to proper preparation for the game in South Dakota.  Hopefully, Pelini got the message across that playing down to an opponent, a Wolford trait since that horrible loss to Missouri State in his second year, will not be tolerated.  We did play a dynamic game against St. Francis in even worse weather.  I fully expect a focused team and maximum effort this Saturday.

Did not South Dakota lose their starting quarterback in the pre-season?  The new guy has three games of experience, but he is the substitute.  That running back is very good but not in the same class as Ruiz....or Webb.  As is the case just about all the time, this game will be decided in the trenches.  I will be surprised if their offensive line can handle our defensive front for the entire game.  As long as our o-line does not repeat the Robert Morris performance and our special teams don't implode, we should impose our will. 

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: nova75 on September 27, 2015, 08:08:36 PM ---Bo has coached in the NFL, SEC, Big 12, and Big 10. I really doubt that with his experience he is going to have issues figuring out the MVC

--- End quote ---

I'm sure your right,, he just won't have all the $$ he had in the other jobs for the road trips. Looks like your coach needs help figuring out the Ivy's  ;D

YSUFB93:

--- Quote from: nova75 on September 27, 2015, 08:08:36 PM ---Bo has coached in the NFL, SEC, Big 12, and Big 10. I really doubt that with his experience he is going to have issues figuring out the MVC

--- End quote ---

he had issues stopping RMU from running the ball. you left out the part where he got FIRED from all those jobs as well

edpuskas:

--- Quote from: YSUFB93 on September 28, 2015, 07:59:03 PM ---

--- End quote ---

he had issues stopping RMU from running the ball. you left out the part where he got FIRED from all those jobs as well

--- End quote ---
Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

IAA Fan:
Like any coach at this level, winning to a two-step process:

1. Regular Season
2. Play-off

Contrary to what anyone says, speaking strictly from a week-to-week (win vs. loss) coaching perspective, it is much more difficult to be successful at the I-AA/FCS level, that it is at the IA/FBS level. Look at the old Big East (basketball) as an example ...those coaches knew the conference was going to go at least 4-5 deep into the play-off. So their goal was to finish in that range & get to the post-season. Right now, the MVFC is becoming very similar. However for most conferences, you had better win or you are not seeing the post-season.

In FBS (for most teams) the season is everything; you hope to get a bowl bid and make some money and memories. Mostly the latter. So if you want a good bowl game to make the money ...you had better win in the regular season. You had better win your trophy games and homecoming.

Those who say that coach P is here to relax, are "way off the mark". He can do more relaxing at a larger program than here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version