Author Topic: In Game Embarassment Thread  (Read 37837 times)

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: In Game Embarassment Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 09:52:09 PM »
well you will win in OT.

good luck rest of the year.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 10:02:11 PM »
well you will win in OT.

good luck rest of the year.

Told you.

ps... #11  don't get all cocky on that last play, #embarrassing.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 10:02:59 PM »
The most embarrassing win I've ever seen but hey... Go Guins lol

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2015, 10:03:47 PM »
4th and one  and they pick it up by way of a pass! Gutsy call by Bo!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2015, 10:03:58 PM »
most pitiful win I ever saw...in any sport....
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline coachtress

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2015, 10:17:29 PM »
Agreed.  That was bad.

Didn't make it down tonight, but attended the Pitt game last week.  Looked like a totally different team.  Man, we were awful.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 10:46:29 PM »
Total bullsh** offense.  We suck.  Pissed off.  We should have buried them

Offline YSUFB93

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 11:00:48 PM »
Heard not one coach said a word to montgomery tonight, after last weeks locker room news, it doesnt look good for him to make it to the end of the season, sounds like he's not liked by one single guy on the team.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2015, 11:35:51 PM »
Heard not one coach said a word to montgomery tonight, after last weeks locker room news, it doesnt look good for him to make it to the end of the season, sounds like he's not liked by one single guy on the team.

Figures.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2015, 09:05:03 AM »

First of all ... we cannot pat Bo on the back for the properly-executed plays on offense last night (the few that there were). AKA ..the TD toss. Coach Shane calls them all ...good or bad. Players execute them ...properly or not.

If the coaches were truly not talking to coach M after the game, then we have a "much bigger fish to fry" ...because we hired the wrong head coach. I certainly hope that coach Bo is not that childish. We all know how many points that a Montgomery offense is capable of producing. So the rest of the staff needs to be behind coach M to help with a resolution to our issues and believe me ...they are not all on offense.

Unfortunately, I think the recruiting (especially depth up front on O) is more than suspect; has been for a few years now. It could be a couple of years before we see a proper resolution and believe me, I am happy that they kept coach Carm but he has not proven his muster yet in 2015.

We ran the ball inside and out last night, while blocked RMU players got up off the ground and tackled our running backs. We need to put our opponents down and keep them there. Simple HS football.

RMU simply shifted their d-lines left and right and we had no answers for it. Same thing happened against Pitt. Simple HS football once again.

Also, why is it that every offense in which the QB claps his hands for an audible gives us hissy fits?! Attention defensive coaches, please instruct your standing defensive players to simply clap their hands. Then you will easily see why most offenses have stopped their QBs from doing this...because they will be called a dozen times a half for illegal motion. Also, we (as fans) used to be smarter than we are now. When you see a QB clapping, you should be clapping like crazy to draw their offense off!! YSU fans used to be called the smartest fans in the division ...opposing coaches hated us. Let's get back to that!!

Finally, for the weather conditions we had last night ...great crowd! Yes I am sick this morning, but I stayed for it all.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 09:14:12 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline YSUFB93

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2015, 10:32:13 AM »

First of all ... we cannot pat Bo on the back for the properly-executed plays on offense last night (the few that there were). AKA ..the TD toss. Coach Shane calls them all ...good or bad. Players execute them ...properly or not.

First of all, Shane does NOT call them all, if you're going to tell a lie dont make it such a blatent one. Bo has some say in the play calling on both sides.

If the coaches were truly not talking to coach M after the game, then we have a "much bigger fish to fry" ...because we hired the wrong head coach. I certainly hope that coach Bo is not that childish. We all know how many points that a Montgomery offense is capable of producing. So the rest of the staff needs to be behind coach M to help with a resolution to our issues and believe me ...they are not all on offense.

Yup, that fish to fry is called firing Montgomery, because he is the wrong coach we hired. We also all know he has yet to lead YSU to a quality win in his coaching career. who cares what his team does vs the RMUs of the world?oh wait he doesn't do very well vs them either, whooops. yes they are all on offense.

Unfortunately, I think the recruiting (especially depth up front on O) is more than suspect; has been for a few years now. It could be a couple of years before we see a proper resolution and believe me, I am happy that they kept coach Carm but he has not proven his muster yet in 2015.

We ran the ball inside and out last night, while blocked RMU players got up off the ground and tackled our running backs. We need to put our opponents down and keep them there. Simple HS football.

RMU simply shifted their d-lines left and right and we had no answers for it. Same thing happened against Pitt. Simple HS football once again.

Also, why is it that every offense in which the QB claps his hands for an audible gives us hissy fits?! Attention defensive coaches, please instruct your standing defensive players to simply clap their hands. Then you will easily see why most offenses have stopped their QBs from doing this...because they will be called a dozen times a half for illegal motion. Also, we (as fans) used to be smarter than we are now. When you see a QB clapping, you should be clapping like crazy to draw their offense off!! YSU fans used to be called the smartest fans in the division ...opposing coaches hated us. Let's get back to that!!

Clapping their hands is a penalty 100% of the time, its simulating the snap count if its a QB who uses it in his cadance, again, please if you're going to show us how little you know, dont make it so blatent

Finally, for the weather conditions we had last night ...great crowd! Yes I am sick this morning, but I stayed for it all.

Its not a good sign when not a single coach wants anything to do with Montgomery, and guy isn't going to be on the team by the end of the year is my best guess.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2015, 12:02:40 PM »

I also stayed through the whole game in the cheap seats. I could not believe my wife did not complain. I know how much she dislikes football.
RMU practically ran one play last night ... Handed the ball to the RB with various blocking schemes and we could not stop him. Why did our safeties stay so far back to guard against a passing game?

I do like our corners played up to the receivers instead of backing off 10 yards like last year.
That was a tough call in OT to go for TD in 4th down. I would have kicked a short FG and stop them (hopefully, they might miss a longer FG). If they made it, we got the ball last in the next possession. This is why I am not coaching for a living.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2015, 12:37:16 PM »
I also thought that we should have kicked a fg in ot, but it worked out. guess that is why I am not a coach.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2015, 12:56:50 PM »
If Monty is on the Hotseat.  Why keep him any longer?  I think this is BS.  We need TEAM! Not Dividers in the locker room.  This has been a problem through the Wolford years and needs to be stopped.  Whoever is soreading this garbage needs to be rid of as well.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2015, 01:12:07 PM »
I also thought that we should have kicked a fg in ot, but it worked out. guess that is why I am not a coach.

My best guess is that after the miss and one blocked the risk factor was too high knowing we still had to go on defense. 
I don't know how to much stock to hold in the Monty rumor mill but dissention in the ranks doesn't do anything but disrupt.  Not sure it is wise to change horses mid-stream even if your horse can't swim.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 01:12:42 PM by ScarletRook »