Author Topic: Pitt Game  (Read 62931 times)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pitt Game
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2015, 05:09:01 PM »
As a sidenote, panther fans were saying this regarding the game:
"Is this how far pitt has fallen? Struggling to beat a 1aa team? I dont understand, narduzzi is doing all the right things how do we beat delaware 62 - 0 last year and have this showing?"

One fan to another "We should stop scheduling Youngstown State."
"You know, normally I would tell you that is nonsense, but at this point I agree. Thats not, and will not be, a gimme cupcake game for us anytime soon."

Those things were said by pitt fans by me. At one point in the fourth when it seemed like they put us away, and then jody webb scored, I was singing with the band playing the fight song, and when i got to the Y the pitt fans nearby joined in. But didnt say the s or the u and they did it every time the Y came up. And i just looked at them and they said, "we are honestly just asking why. Why cant we put this game away?"

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2015, 05:47:10 PM »
It's a funeral-type atmosphere on the Pitt fan forums.  You would think they just got blown out by Slippery Rock.  They b about the defense, the attendance, and stooping so low as to play YSU.  Everything but the tailgating...which by all accounts sounds like it was awesome.

It'll be interesting to see the outcome of the Akron game.  Personally, I think Pitt is going to open a can on Akron.

I think Pitt is a great OOC opponent.  BP said in an interview that it is good for recruiting.  I wish instead of going from the awesome hype of the Pitt game, we were going for another exciting OOC game....even against a G5 school.  Toledo's opponent left at halftime. Next time maybe they'll wise up and play YSU instead.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2015, 05:49:35 PM »
Nation, I  believe toledo is wise and thats why they wont play YSU. We would be quite alot for any MAC team to handle.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2015, 05:55:40 PM »
I was just looking at the stats for the game.   Very closely matched.  TOP 30 min - 30 min.  First down even. Total yards about even.  We won the TO battle.  They were better on KO returns. Two biggest factors were red zone scoring (they had 3 TDs and 1 FG and we had 2 FGs) and the stupid line drive kick at the end of the first. 

Game we could have won.  Very happy in general in what I saw

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2015, 05:59:21 PM »
YO, very true.  But...Akron needs to get people in the seats at InfoCision ASAP....and YSU would be an answer.  Pitt won't bring em next week....they apparently wont even go to a home game where a new HC is debuting. 
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2015, 07:11:54 PM »
Maybe. Do you think Penguin fans would travel to Akron? I mean obviously some of them will. I was at the Pitt game this year though, and with all the hype leading into it for us with Bo Pelini as our HC, I felt that there were less penguin fans at Heinz for this game than there were in 2012 (as I was there for both). Maybe its just me, but if we didn't travel to Pitt, I wouldn't think we would travel so great for Akron either. Neither is that far away really. Maybe I'm wrong about the YSU attendance at the Pitt game.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2015, 07:37:30 PM »
The number I've heard is there were 2K YSU fans at yesterday's game.  I was at the 2012 game and that seems about right for that game.  So if YSU brings 2K to the Info...it would be significant since Akron averaged 9K/game last year.  If anything it would likely be more because Akron is/was YSU's only true rival ever.

Pitt fans would never ever consider this, but I'd like to see a rivalry w/ Pitt.....maybe a Steel-River trophy?

Offline ELPENGUIN

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2015, 08:12:46 PM »
Get fb93 out of here.  Who does he or she think he is?  He or she  has power at the University......give me a break.  He or she seems like a gangster poster!
"They have scalelike barbless feathers, flipperlike wings, and webbed feet and by the way also excellent athletic teams"

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2015, 08:31:32 PM »
YO, very true.  But...Akron needs to get people in the seats at InfoCision ASAP....and YSU would be an answer.  Pitt won't bring em next week....they apparently wont even go to a home game where a new HC is debuting.

Akron stadium will never see a YSU fan in it until they agree to play at our house, and that just ain't going to happen. They will have to find people elsewhere
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2015, 08:37:59 PM »

Akron stadium will never see a YSU fan in it until they agree to play at our house, and that just ain't going to happen. They will have to find people elsewhere

Why?  Akron is an FBS team (for now), and we haven't required a home and home from any FBS team yet.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2015, 08:58:41 PM »
The number I've heard is there were 2K YSU fans at yesterday's game.
Maybe tix given from Pitt to YSU to sell. I would think that 2k is much smaller than the actual figure at the game. There was tons of red all across the visitors sidelines in the lower level.

Offline YSUFB93

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2015, 09:22:32 PM »
If you go to YSU to get the site taken down, perhaps you can sit in on an English class. Apparently you didn't get to many the first time around.

GLad you feel the need to trash the YSU education system, must not be a fan.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2015, 10:48:39 PM »
I could understand why they would want a home and home to an extent. It would be a recruiting disadvantage to not do that. If we go there and they refuse to come to our house, we are basically admitting we are the "lower team" no matter how we beat them on the field. So... for the recruiting edge?

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 06, 2015, 11:58:22 PM »
As a kid, The games at the Rubber Bowl were really home game with a longer drive to the game. The stadium was mostly YSU fans.

Let's play them, beat them in their house, take their $$, and tell every recruit who the best team in NEO is.

It will be interesting how Akron fares with our common opponent next week.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2015, 08:06:53 AM »
Pitt will kill Akron. Way fewer Pitt fans will go then should considering the distance and likely outcome.

With their huge alumni base in the area I am always baffled by the empty seats at Heinz Field.

We would take as many fans to Akron as Pitt will. There is nothing to gain for Akron by playing us.