Author Topic: Pitt Game  (Read 63104 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: Pitt Game
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2015, 08:59:44 AM »
A team just scored 45-points against you and only their crappy QB kept it from being 59, but you look at the offense. You Monty haters know absolutely nothing about football. If we lose a game 85-80, you would still complain. "80-points is not enough...". What's the matter ...cannot win a game scoring 37 with over 400-yards of offense? "Oh we make no adjustments".  We went to a completely different offense in the second half and scored 24 of our 37. Where is the mention about how our defense was almost non-existent in the first-half? This one should have been ugly, and not in our favor. If Pitt could play football (execute), this one is over after the first two-series.

1. O-line was walked on all first half.
2. We lost Ruiz, so if you want to complain, ask coach M why we did not use Hymes more.
3. Webb made the choice to go outside and our line was man-handled.
4. Wells did not play well, especially in the first half. He has limited run skill and locks on receivers.
5. We could not kick-off at all.

Coming out of this game I question Wells, we have no kick-off game, O-line is suspect. Defense is improved, but far from good, highly out-matched the majority of the game.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 09:13:42 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2015, 10:06:51 AM »
Hey FB93 ...make your point in college educated language and it will stay. BTW ...nice to know your D can get a pick-6 ...now if you can figure out how to stop offenses from rushing for 325-yards against us?

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2015, 10:14:40 AM »
The offense scored 30 pts on a ACC team.  Not bad.  Defense needs work though.  I believe we will improve each week under Pelini.  The only other team we will face with Pitt's talent is NDSU and Ill St.   So everyone needs to calm down.   7-4 or 8-3 season record I expect. 

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2015, 10:25:19 AM »
Just look at the amount of negative plays we had on 1st down. You can't expect much success on 3rd down when your 2nd and 14 on a regular basis. Their D-line dominated plain and simple. I stated earlier the importance of touch-backs and it showed yesterday. On the bright side of things I believe the M.V.C. is down a notch from a year ago. Pitt could very well be the best team we face all season. What Pitt was able to accomplish with their outside run game yesterday will not happen in M.V.C. play to the degree it did yesterday

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2015, 11:01:52 AM »
Just look at the amount of negative plays we had on 1st down. You can't expect much success on 3rd down when your 2nd and 14 on a regular basis. Their D-line dominated plain and simple. I stated earlier the importance of touch-backs and it showed yesterday. On the bright side of things I believe the M.V.C. is down a notch from a year ago. Pitt could very well be the best team we face all season. What Pitt was able to accomplish with their outside run game yesterday will not happen in M.V.C. play to the degree it did yesterday

Absolutely. Let the emotion of the game die down a bit, then look at what we did well the middle of the week.

There's a lot of positive there but our lack of depth showed at times. The conditions were awful, and Pitt could make wholesale changes. That's all to be expected. We played well until the end and didn't give up.

If Bo really did call out the OC let's hope that helps out instead of leading to pouting. I'm not sure the ego can handle it.

Offline YSUFB93

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2015, 11:06:57 AM »
Hey FB93 ...make your point in college educated language and it will stay. BTW ...nice to know your D can get a pick-6 ...now if you can figure out how to stop offenses from rushing for 325-yards against us?

im not concerned about it staying, your opinion doesn't matter. and if you question my intelligence in any way shape or form again ill be getting this website taken down, is that understood? it wouldn't be hard to walk right into ysu and have it taken down for one of 2 reasons, one your personal attacks towards my intelligence as a admin no less if this site is with the university, or two, for using the ysu brand name and logo without their permission, thats not a threat, its a promise.

BTW now if only our offense can figure out how to score without the defense playing backups and third stringers.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:07:33 AM by YSUFB93 »

Offline nova75

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2015, 11:14:41 AM »
If you go to YSU to get the site taken down, perhaps you can sit in on an English class. Apparently you didn't get to many the first time around.

Offline pen4life

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2015, 11:18:36 AM »
YSUFB93, take your meds, think peaceful thoughts and gnaw on some wood. peace out bro

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2015, 11:32:23 AM »
If you go to YSU to get the site taken down, perhaps you can sit in on an English class. Apparently you didn't get to many the first time around.

This^^^^^^^😆

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2015, 11:44:03 AM »

Absolutely. Let the emotion of the game die down a bit, then look at what we did well the middle of the week.

There's a lot of positive there but our lack of depth showed at times. The conditions were awful, and Pitt could make wholesale changes. That's all to be expected. We played well until the end and didn't give up.

If Bo really did call out the OC let's hope that helps out instead of leading to pouting. I'm not sure the ego can handle it.
It's very easy to understand everyone's frustrations. I don't like to compare games but in 2012 we had 375 yards of total offense and forced 2 turnovers while not turning the ball over and won 31-17..in that game Hess had to do just enough and passed for around 170 yards. The fact Ruiz was out and the limited depth at Rb played into the Pitts defense hands..it was not in the cards to throw close to 40 times that's for sure..take away the Pitt bomb that wasn't even intended for that receiver and the kick return there's your 14 points and probably the game

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2015, 11:54:48 AM »
Hey this is simple, first game under a new coach, on the road against a higher division school and we lose by a td or so. Hey I never like to lose but I do feel good about the program at this point
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2015, 12:06:51 PM »
Everybody knows my distain for Montgomery so until he proves to win a game with his late game play calling, I will not shut up. 4th and 1 with the game on the line and he runs Webb (Our smallest RB) up the middle where we had NO success all game long. I mean I just don't get it... No play action? No read option? No trick play? Thats the best you can call?

Regardless, if Ruiz was healthy and in the game, I think its a different outcome. Cole Newsome got man handled in the middle. Needs some work big time. Felt like there was a free rusher up the middle on every play. Rush defense also needs some work, a lot of missed gap assignments and missed tackles.

Was it me, or did we just look a step slow playing on that crappy grass field at Heinz? I mean we practice and play on turf all year long. Could have been a factor.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2015, 12:07:14 PM »
FB ...it is language ...not questioning your intelligence. Sorry if it came out that way, but I did not mean that at all.

It is not as if I did not see issues with the offense ...clearly I did. Montgomery is a system coach, so people are either going to like it or not. I already said our O line was crushed on every first down. Yes we should have scored more points than we did, but every play on both sides yesterday was big. YSU had the only consistent drive the whole game and it ended up with a FG. It was our first drive of the game.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 12:11:05 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2015, 01:51:02 PM »
Everybody just needs to chill out.  You can't tell anything from playing this game.  Just like we will not know anything by playing those two garbage teams we will he playing the next two weeks.  A few years ago if anyone remembers we couldn't even score on an fcs team.  Can't blame the defense because the dedense was gassed.  The offensive line was the problem yesterday they were outmanned by Pitt.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2015, 04:54:46 PM »
Who is this nut FB?  I certainly hope he doesn't claim to be an alumni, as he is barely literate.  In any case, what we saw was a case of playing a better team.  They were bigger, stronger, faster and if we played them 10 times we'd loose 9.  No crime there.  Thing to note is we played hard and focused for 4 full quarters in very difficult physical conditions.  We can be proud of the effort and looking forward to the rest of the season.  Remember, we played GREAT the last time down there and didn't make the playoffs. 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!