Author Topic: Fall Practice Updates  (Read 52365 times)

Offline YSUFB93

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Practice Updates
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2015, 06:04:59 PM »
I think there is the potential for a really big year for Wells. Second year in a system after being a 60% 2:1 TD/Int ratio is promising. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes close to 25 TDS while keeping the int under 10.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2015, 07:00:49 PM »
Something ive noticed is this new staff loves to recruit big WRs, we have 7 WRs 6'3 or 6'4 and 5 of them are freshman. Hopefully they have some speed too.

anyone know where i can find a depth chart?

It was listed in today's Vindy sports section,

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2015, 09:59:26 PM »
Also interested to see the true freshman Kennedy get the nod over McFadden. Guess the bare foot wasn't working good enough.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2015, 09:03:58 AM »
This year's offensive line is huge and averages around 325. It will be interesting to see how they perform against smaller and more mobile defensive fronts. I really like what the staff is doing Defensively, speed and athleticism all over the field.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 09:13:18 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 31, 2015, 09:20:08 AM »
Im excited as well. Noticed a discussion on covers where this individual claimed ysus oline was smaller than pitts and they had no good corners, only to be corrected by other forum members! Really thinking this game is favoring ysu. I suppose it will depend on exactly what you mentiond fever, seeing how they perform against smaller more mobile fronts.

Pitts starting defensive line is smaller in size to YSUs. So hoepfully the oline does better against pitts defense than they have been against YSU

Offline Petey

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2015, 10:00:14 AM »
noted on a Pitt fan forum they believe both lines to be much bigger than YSU and they should have no problem. Weights they listed for OF line were way under 300?? Not sure what they are looking at!!

GOOOO GUINS!!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 31, 2015, 10:04:00 AM »
Your right Yo..the defensive line has had the upper hand most of fall camp and that is why the offense has stuggled at times. I still like our chances this Saturday. Pitts O-line is very banged up and many players remain questionable. Wells has more weapons at his disposal then a year ago. He has to just take what the defense gives him and not force as many balls as Paladin eluded to earlier. I see many things we can take advantage of with the Pitt defense..we have to keep Wells upright in this one

Offline YSUFB93

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2015, 11:15:56 AM »
So uh Zack Torbert is going to be a beast, watch his senior year video. Listed at 4.58 but always running away from people

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1593349/zack-torbert
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:16:42 AM by YSUFB93 »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2015, 11:39:03 AM »
So uh Zack Torbert is going to be a beast, watch his senior year video. Listed at 4.58 but always running away from people

His highlight video is nice, but it's not against top level competition so take it with a grain of salt but still has good size, route running and some decent speed. How it translates to college is still TBD. He is not listed on the 2 deep depth chart. Wouldn't be surprised to see him redshirt.

Offline YSUFB93

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2015, 11:47:40 AM »

His highlight video is nice, but it's not against top level competition so take it with a grain of salt but still has good size, route running and some decent speed. How it translates to college is still TBD. He is not listed on the 2 deep depth chart. Wouldn't be surprised to see him redshirt.

It's against the same level of competition which he dominated, it's literally all he can do. By that logic I don't see why you bother following YSU, they never well vs top level competition like Ohio State or would beat an ND, TTUN, Bama etc.. he's also got a lot better then decent speed, at 6'3 when you out run every defender like that the  you have good speed.  And none of the freshman WR are on the 2 deep which makes sense since we have a young QB it's best to go with experienced WR.

Shackleford and Torbert are going to give us 2 exciting options over the next 3-4 years

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 31, 2015, 12:38:44 PM »

It's against the same level of competition which he dominated, it's literally all he can do. By that logic I don't see why you bother following YSU, they never well vs top level competition like Ohio State or would beat an ND, TTUN, Bama etc.. he's also got a lot better then decent speed, at 6'3 when you out run every defender like that the  you have good speed.  And none of the freshman WR are on the 2 deep which makes sense since we have a young QB it's best to go with experienced WR.

Shackleford and Torbert are going to give us 2 exciting options over the next 3-4 years

I think you pit way too much value on skilled positions.  It all starts and ends with line play.

Offline YSUFB93

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 31, 2015, 12:56:00 PM »

I think you pit way too much value on skilled positions.  It all starts and ends with line play.

Boy what a prick this guy is. So I'm not allowed to be excited about 2 young players just because they don't play on the OL(and played my position in college), okay d*****bag.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 31, 2015, 01:15:32 PM »

Boy what a prick this guy is. So I'm not allowed to be excited about 2 young players just because they don't play on the OL(and played my position in college), okay d*****bag.

Your assessment of the Montana game is wrong and your assessment of the WR's is not accurate with our OC.  He tends to have them all ready, even the young ones.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 31, 2015, 01:22:14 PM »
Ah the return of football season when excitement is in the air and name calling fills the board.  I hope some of you keep your phones on so that the coaches can call you for who should play and what play to call.
There are 11 men out on the field at one time.  Each has their own purpose and importance.  Let's don't eat our own.

Offline YSUFB93

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2015, 02:00:49 PM »

Your assessment of the Montana game is wrong and your assessment of the WR's is not accurate with our OC.  He tends to have them all ready, even the young ones.

Nope. I'm 100% correct. You don't know a single thing about football,all I've seen is nothing but you believing your own bullsh*t like you have a relevant opinion.