Author Topic: Countdown to YSU Season Opener!  (Read 153507 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown to YSU Season Opener!
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2015, 09:26:22 PM »
Can we rename the "Ice Castle"  the "Big House"?

I'm good with giving kids second chances.  It works out for everyone.  The kids get another shot at a college career, fans get to savor the taste of victory again, and restaurants and vendors around campus make a few extra bucks.  win-win-win.

Welcome Elijah.  We are glad to have you with us.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2015, 12:05:40 AM »
54 days
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2015, 06:39:53 AM »
Remember, its the gun not the person and everyone can be reformed........

Are you serious?

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2015, 07:41:46 AM »
Remember , it's the spoon & fork thats at fault for obesity ,  not the diet.  ::)

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »
Penguinpower....  Its SARCASM but isnt that what some people think?

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2015, 12:24:07 PM »
Really not trying to be disrespectful because Tressel is obviously a great coach and his record speaks for itself.  But to say he is better than Urban Meyer is delusional.  Urban Meyer outcoached Tressel in that National Championship game as well as Les Miles that is not arguable.  Tressel was way too conservative, too many games Tressel played not to lose instead of trying to win.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2015, 01:32:39 PM »
Penguinpower....  Its SARCASM but isnt that what some people think?

You are right.....that's what people really think.  Glad it is sarcasm....too many in the Valley think the other way and it holds the area back.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2015, 01:57:18 PM »
Really not trying to be disrespectful because Tressel is obviously a great coach and his record speaks for itself.  But to say he is better than Urban Meyer is delusional.  Urban Meyer outcoached Tressel in that National Championship game as well as Les Miles that is not arguable.  Tressel was way too conservative, too many games Tressel played not to lose instead of trying to win.
I don't know who outcoached who in those games, I think OSU had the weaker overall teams in both.  Id in the 4 championship games at YSU I thought Tressel had the best players in only 1 of them.  When he won at OSU he definitely hand the second best team in the game.  Guy can coach.  Everybody says "too conservative" but look at the number of times he went 4 wideouts etc. and it rhetoric doesn't match the game tapes.  Knocking JT as a football coach on a YSU blog is something of a risk!
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2015, 02:14:24 PM »
Agreed Tressel had the weaker team in every National Championship with the exception being the 1994 Championship game that YSU played in.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2015, 02:43:10 PM »
I think he especially had the weaker team in 1994. The guins had more depth though. Just such different styles of ball, you knew that one was going to dominate the other & I honestly thought it was going to be Boise State. The shoe was on the other foot for coach T in 2006 & 1999.

Not to turn this into an OSU thread, as we can take it to the non_YSU threads if people want to; but as to who is the better coach ...I think Tressel is so far above Meyer it is not even worth the conversation ...and ask anyone here ...I was far from a Tressel fan at YSU. After he changed our style of offense to a "buckeye preview pro-set" back in 1998 (really it began back in 1995) ...I was happy to see him go. So sayng he is better than Meyer is not me being a "blind Tressel-lover". You cannot judge a coach by the letters (X's & O's ...W's and L's); if you did, Wolf would still be here. Right now the Buckeyes have ZERO personality (on or off the field) and that is a direct reflection on the coach. Meyer is the worst hire OSU could have ever made & you knew he was coming from day-1. For those of you that are history buffs, imagine Rommel taking over the British-3rd or US-5th army in WWII. Traitorous is the only way to describe that or Meyer's choice at OSU & it does not matter if he wins 8 big-10 titles and 6 national championships in a 10-year career in Columbus ...Meyer will still be the best coach in U of F history, crushing the big-10 at every opportunity ...and that will be his top-accomplishment. His best accomplishments at OSU can only be an expected continuation of the same; giving SEC fans the opportunity to say "I told you so" & "it took an SEC man" to turn the Big-10 around. In reality ...2 former Penguin coaches have done the most to turn the big-10 around. Tressel and Dantonio.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 03:58:31 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2015, 09:03:52 PM »
Tressel himself said that the only YSU team that was the best was 1994's.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2015, 09:17:06 PM »
IAA Fan:

SEC fans have blinders.   Urban was an graduate assistant for Earle at Ohio State and close friends of the Bruce family.  He graduated from Cincy and coached at Bowling Green...No SEC there.
Saban was at Michigan State until SEC money took him south
and Les Miles .... former Ohio State coach.   Just to name a few.

OK enough about them on a PenGuin site.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2015, 10:49:28 PM »
Tressel himself said that the only YSU team that was the best was 1994's.

Oh I believe you and Tress ...I am just saying that I did not think we could match up with Boise State's speed and height outside, but we just man-handled them up front. I was at the game & even the BSU fans could not believe how badly we crushed their teams' run-game & got to their QB. We had so much more depth in the trenches, but they had better skill and special teams. Quicker secondary as well. Also, they had no idea what that third back behind the the QB was for ...LOL. I have picture of Chris Samarone (don't quote me on the player) picking up their QB and driving him into the ground  with one arm and taking down the guard with the other. The most impressive feat of D-line play that I have ever seen. When I find it ...I will post it.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2015, 07:13:19 AM »
53 Days

Offline KilrpengWin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2015, 08:55:41 PM »
Can we rename the "Ice Castle"  the "Big House"?

I'm good with giving kids second chances.  It works out for everyone.  The kids get another shot at a college career, fans get to savor the taste of victory again, and restaurants and vendors around campus make a few extra bucks.  win-win-win.

Welcome Elijah.  We are glad to have you with us.
THE BIG HOUSE? and I thought THUGSTOWN STATE was good! Here's another T-shirt I have to find! ;D