YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

State of men’s basketball

<< < (25/33) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: popsicle on April 08, 2015, 12:24:33 PM ---1AA........open your mouth and remove all doubt. Geez....I can't believe what you posted. Sarcasm, I hope? The rim is at 10'....not 11. And as for the kid who works to get to 80% shooting?......sign him up w/ Slocum! I will personally fund his scholarship, take his classes for him and attend all games! Of course, it will only last one year...until he gets fed up with the program, coaching, apathy, environment etc...and transfers out.
By the way....where are your football seats located.....the 110 yard line?

--- End quote ---

Sorry on the net height, but does not change anything I said. BTW, I said 80% , clearly I meant charity tosses. BTW, 80% at the line should be written in stone. YSU is what it is ...the environment is never going to change. We are not some picturesque, or big city, campus. You can make coach comments all day (as most of you posting in this thread do), but you are not helping anything ...who are you trying to convince? Me, Slocum, Strollo, recruits, current players? All you do is chase people away from the board, give Slocum and Strollo a chuckle or yawn, scare away recruits and create animosity among players. Luckily they have learned not to read the board.

Look at the current conversations for changes in the NFL? They think that they have enough votes to eliminate the extra-point. Why because it is too simple. Even though they know that the proper thing to do is move the kicking distance back so that it is not as simple. If you look at the average male height back when basketball was invented ...it was about 5'3. The basket was set to 10' ...in part because of the height of barn doors. None the less, that is 53% of the height of the rim. Now if you take a guy that is 7' tall, his hoop height should be 13.71' feet tall, just to accomplish the same athletic feats.

jbags:
What did this subject turn into?! Somebody turned this into a whole bunch of meaningless stats....no one ever asked me what I watch on tv so I dont believe a word of what sport has falling numbers. As far as NBA basketball is concerned, has anyone ever watched an NBA Classic game? Scores were 125-120 not because the players shot the ball better or made 80% of their free throws...no...watch closely...no one ever played any defense..ever...Ive never seen so many open looks...the subject is the state of YSU's mens basketball program...no one goes because they dont win..period

popsicle:
Just curious......anyone know what UWGB paid their new coach?

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: popsicle on April 12, 2015, 08:04:01 PM ---Just curious......anyone know what UWGB paid their new coach?

--- End quote ---

From Deadspin.com:

"...annual salary of $133,132 plus another $70,000 in outside income..."

"University of Wisconsin—Green Bay men's basketball coach Brian Wardle made news last month when it got out that he may have made his players run hills so much that one of his players, Ryan Bross, shat his pants, and that he may have then proceeded to heckle the poor pants-sh**ter all season long."

http://deadspin.com/college-hoops-coach-who-made-players-run-until-one-poop-509889252

IAA Fan:
He denied being hired yesterday. He says he has not even been to UWGB, but did not deny talking with them. With his three bonuses, he made over $100k at a DII school.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version