YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Stadium Upgrades

<< < (4/6) > >>

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: ScarletRook on February 10, 2015, 08:15:37 PM ---I asked this question before:  When the Browns upgraded their sound system and jumbo-tron, what did they do with it and why couldn't it have been donated to a college like YSU?

--- End quote ---

Would never happen. Organizations do not "donate" anything. Browns have no connection to Youngstown.

mvfc penguin:
I have said all of this before and you all called me crazy.
YSU will be getting a new scoreboard/ jumbotron on the North endzone and keep the scoreboard on the South endzone side.
Like you previously stated they are planning on getting new lights as well to host a Televised playoff game, because the current lights are approximately 75 candle power and in order to host a night playoff game the home field must have lights that are 100-125 candle power. That is the reason why the YSU football field will have new lights.
If you really take a look at the current jumbotron, you will really notice how bad quality it really is. It reminds me of the old basketball jumbotron. We are in the 21st century and our amenities should show that.

go guins:
mvfc, I've seen note regarding the lighting for a potential playoff game, but noting on a scoreboard.  Do you know anything about this or are you just idly speculating?  Seems there would be a big deal made to announce a 1.5 million or so project? 

IAA Fan:
Could be why we switched to Pepsi products. Coke bought that last one, maybe Pepsi is giving us a whole board?

go guins:
  OH OH, 1AA has a real dilemma here!  As bad as we need a scoreboard, do we let Pepsi buy it and keep Coke out?  Frankly I’m fully into beer in the tailgate lot and water during the game, so I’m on the Pepsi jumbotron bandwagon!  (Noting of course this is all 100% idle speculation from a bunch of guys with nothing to do until spring practice starts!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version