YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Could we please fire Slocum now

(1/15) > >>

penguin4ever:
After watching last nights game I think there is no hope with Coach Slocum for the rest of the season.  My thought is Strollo fires him now and have one of the assistant Coaches as interim for the remainder of the year. It can't be any worse than what is going on now. This will allow more time to search for the new coach. 

YsuPride:
Cant fire him now it would upset the half dozen on this forum that think he is doing a good job.   I would expect though that he is not coming back next season if anyone at the university has any sort of a brain.
He has been kept too long and has the program now going backwards like Heacock did with football.   So sad to see 850 fans in the stands for conference games.    Funny we take action with a coaching change in football when we didn't see playoffs and declining attendance but its  that same result seems to be ok with basketball.  Makes no sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ysufan0505:
FIRE HIM! NOW!

ysufan0505:
It's embarrassing to watch this team right now. I don't want to hear any crap about financial situation. Look at what Barnes is doing with the ladies! You mean to tell me we can't find a young, energetic coach who will light a fire under this program??? Jerry is horrible with the media, just looks like a grumpy old man who just wants to get 700 wins and go into retirement. TIME. TO. GO!

popsicle:
Penguin4ever....which assistant would you prefer? Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum? Watch a game. Zero input from either. At least Coach Hall gets recruits... ala the Detroit connection.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version