Author Topic: NDSU vs SDSU  (Read 11653 times)

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
NDSU vs SDSU
« on: December 06, 2014, 06:53:57 PM »
NDSU defeats SDSU to advance in the playoffs. These are probably the best two teams in this year's playoffs and most likely would defeat any of the other teams that were chosen. Yet they had to play each other in the 2nd round.

It was a very, very close game with NDSU scoring in the last minute of the 4th quarter. Then getting an interception on the SDSU's 2nd play.

The MVFC has Illinois St. and NDSU still in the hunt.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: NDSU vs SDSU
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 07:05:58 PM »
SDSU passed and scored on second and goal from the three yard line with 3:18 left.  Bad mistake.  By just running Zenner perhaps twice they could have taken the game below 2:00 or forced NDSU to use their timeouts.  Nothing can stop NDSU from the title game now....their bracket is now a joke.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 07:11:23 PM »
Man, so close for SDSU!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 07:44:52 PM »
NDSU had a true freshman catch 2 TD's and a redshirt freshman make the game winning INT. Impressive.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 10:24:22 PM »
CRAP CRAP CRAP!

Now I do not care what conference wins ...just so NDSU loses.

Guys our honor is at stake.

Offline ScarletRook

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 10:28:12 PM »
Send this to Strollo !!

CRAP CRAP CRAP!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 10:29:55 PM »
CRAP CRAP CRAP!

Dust the cobwebs off of those things!!!!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2014, 11:36:34 PM »
Okay so winning a fifth would be the better choice, but that ain't happening an time in the next couple weeks ...so we need to hope for a loss.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 08:53:15 AM »
Okay so winning a fifth would be the better choice, but that ain't happening an time in the next couple weeks ...so we need to hope for a loss.
NDSU has already surpassed us. Sure they only have 3 FCS titles total, but they have 11 titles in total to our 4. Their teams, quite frankly, are better than most of our title teams I am afraid to say. Furthermore, I have much respect and admiration for their program in Fargo. I would fully support them to win another title.

Hoping they lose because you still think we are the premier program in the conference is silly.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 10:22:03 AM »
NDSU will win many more titles if they remain in FCS--they were always and probably will be always a top notch program.UNI is usually an elite team in the FCS and probably always will be--they have a gazillion league titles and nearly that many playoff appearances spanning many years and will always be perennial bridesmaids--the only chance they would ever have to win it all is if they faced YSU in the title game.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 11:48:22 AM »
NDSU has already surpassed us. Sure they only have 3 FCS titles total, but they have 11 titles in total to our 4. Their teams, quite frankly, are better than most of our title teams I am afraid to say. Furthermore, I have much respect and admiration for their program in Fargo. I would fully support them to win another title.

Hoping they lose because you still think we are the premier program in the conference is silly.

Not silly & has nothing to do with being the premier program in the conference. It has to do with being the second-most prolific team in I-AA history ...so their NAIA and DII titles do not count. As of now YSU is up 4-3 and I want to keep it that way. In terms of I-AA title appearances, it is YSU 6-4 over NDSU. That being said ... CCSU does not have a snowball's chance & we need to hope Nova wins. There is simply no one on that bracket that has chance to beat them out side of SDSU & they squeaked by.

I also disagree with you on the long-term success of NDSU ...I expected them to come back down to earth this year, but the new coach kept the staff (hint Strollo) and the style. Again as soon as he wants to leave his mark on the team ...they will fall to the middle of the pack, just like we did.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 03:07:48 PM »
YSU was a dynasty in the 90's, that was it. NDSU is head and shoulders above us, plain and simple.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 04:02:47 PM »
Dan I agree about style of play then we need to recruit football players that have football IQ and if you saw their D ..had good size and speed
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2014, 04:59:19 PM »

Not silly & has nothing to do with being the premier program in the conference. It has to do with being the second-most prolific team in I-AA history ...so their NAIA and DII titles do not count. As of now YSU is up 4-3 and I want to keep it that way. In terms of I-AA title appearances, it is YSU 6-4 over NDSU. That being said ... CCSU does not have a snowball's chance & we need to hope Nova wins. There is simply no one on that bracket that has chance to beat them out side of SDSU & they squeaked by.

I also disagree with you on the long-term success of NDSU ...I expected them to come back down to earth this year, but the new coach kept the staff (hint Strollo) and the style. Again as soon as he wants to leave his mark on the team ...they will fall to the middle of the pack, just like we did.

I'm with you on this one.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2014, 05:53:32 PM »
CRAP CRAP CRAP!

Nothing we can do about it now.  Had they got it done against western Illinois or Indiana state we would be in there.  And the reason we now are searching for a coach.   We have slipped into mediocrity. UT may have the athletes to get it done