Author Topic: Women win!  (Read 5330 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Women win!
« on: March 21, 2013, 09:29:57 PM »
Nice balanced game by the ladies tonight. spread the scoring around, nice defense. Three point shot was not there 3 for 20 I think, but just a good steady effort.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Lets_Talk

Re: Women win!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 10:48:02 PM »
Great win for YSU. Nest up is Toledo, which beat Butler. Will be interesting to see where the game is played. Would like to think YSU will put in a bid to host the game. But, Toledo played at home, and the attendance was 2,546. Toledo also won the MAC West regular season, and is now 28-3. They went 15-1 in MAC regular season.

YSU drew an official crowd of 1,803.

Toledo has a better record and also a higher RPI(45) than YSU(81). So, if both schools put in a bid to host, I believe Toledo ought to be the host team based on a better record and higher RPI.

Very nice to see the team have an opportunity to make up for the poor performance against Loyla in the HL Tournament, by winning in the first round of the WNIT!!!!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 10:56:15 PM »
The game is at Toledo Saturday at 2pm.... They have so much size. Would've been in the tourney but got upset in the Mac Tourney game. Starting forwards go 6-3 and 6-2 and have a couple girls over 6-0 coming off the bench. Gonna be tough to matchup with them

Lets_Talk

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 11:04:22 PM »
Thanks for the info on the next game. Just went to the Toledo web site and noticed the game is going to be at Toledo. Came back to the board to edit my post and add that info. But, no need to do that now.

I do not live in Youngstown and had the YSU game on the computer. Most of the YSU game I had the sound off and was watching UNLV -CAL at the same time on TV. Turned computer off as soon as YSU game ended. Just came back on to the computer maybe 20 minutes ago.

Yes, Toledo will be a very tough game for YSU. Will be alot like playing GB. Still better to be playing Toledo than for YSU to have lost and  the season be finished. Anything can happen in a sinlge game. YSU only needs to be the better team on Saturday..... GO PENGUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:06:22 PM by Lets_Talk »

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 12:52:09 PM »
Great to see the ladies respond after the HL tourney loss.

Any diehards going to attend both games Saturday?  As long as the women's game does not go into overtime, you should be able to make it back just in time for tip-off.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 02:32:01 PM »
This team will be remembered as the unit that brought women's basketball back to life on our campus.  We started the year drawing about 400 butts-in-seats and ended with 1800.  It was wonderful to see Schlegel back on the court and contributing in a big way.  Brandi Brown is great and we will likely never have another player of her abilities.  That being said, we are just a better team with Schlegel in the rotation.  It forces opponents to neutralize Brown (good luck with that,) watch our three-point threats, and now respect our post play.  The result last night was having five players score in double figures.

I agree that Toledo will be very difficult.  They are an NCAA tournament caliber team that was smothered by the power of the big conferences.  To have a chance, we simply must get our three point shooters back on track.  We need every element of our offense plus the same type of defense we witnessed last evening.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:33:24 PM by Wick250 »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 02:46:34 PM »
I agree. Have to hit 3 point shots. Otherwise, we have no shot. Just not big enough inside

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 06:20:09 PM »
We need to stop shooting threes. we were what 4 of 20 last night? That is 32-points we left on the court. Sorry, we need to work our way inside. I know we are going to play a team with the skill of UWGB, and the size of UDM, but I like our chances. They were feeding Brandi and Davis last night. ISU had no answer, just missed too many. This gave us a couple of good looks on the threes.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 07:07:31 PM »
We need to stop shooting threes. we were what 4 of 20 last night? That is 32-points we left on the court. Sorry, we need to work our way inside. I know we are going to play a team with the skill of UWGB, and the size of UDM, but I like our chances. They were feeding Brandi and Davis last night. ISU had no answer, just missed too many. This gave us a couple of good looks on the threes.

Problem is, we havent seen a team with this size all year. Gonna tough to go inside

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 09:57:44 PM »
Well I hope we are able to pop some three's just in case!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne