Author Topic: Vindy coverage  (Read 6974 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Vindy coverage
« on: November 11, 2012, 05:36:14 PM »
A division 1 school in town and the top two stories on page 1 are about 2 high school teams. What is up with that? Football at least made bottom of page one, BB ended up on page 7.

Get with it guys.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Pita

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Vindy coverage
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 06:08:31 PM »
I agree

I thought our basketball win deserved front page.
Tho, I do know, high school playoffs are important too.
Guess you can't cram it all on the front page but I
thought page 7 was a bit much.

Offline ysuhoops24

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 06:35:21 PM »
get out of here, this is ohio and we are in the playoffs...and in ohio high school football is king.  I love Youngstown State basketball as much as the next guy, but to say that deserves front page attention over hs football regional semifinals is bush league.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 06:41:56 PM »
LMAO,  what the Vindy did shows why they are garbage.!
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 09:43:15 PM »
I just think it is hard for them to dump on Wolf and then show their support of YSU by doing this kind of coverage

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 02:06:43 PM »
Ha, you guys should be wrestling fans.  Talk about no coverage.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline southbeach

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 07:49:36 AM »
The YSU women win another game on the road and are now 2-0! The article is on page 4 of the vindy!! What's on the front page you ask! Some crazy story about car racing and cereal, big ben's injury status, two highschool playoff articles, and YSU's football playoff's chances . I will concede the last three to the front page but cereal and racing and Big Ben ! Put the basketball win on the front page where it belongs!!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 09:37:01 AM »
For the last few years, Warren Tribune had better coverage on YSU men's BBall team than the Vindicator because of the Eargle (Warren Harding) connection.

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 10:01:08 AM »
For the last few years, Warren Tribune had better coverage on YSU men's BBall team than the Vindicator because of the Eargle (Warren Harding) connection.

ET: The Trib had issues this year. They lost their sports editor (Puskas) to the Vindicator. I think Sulonenis the name of the new one. Also, Vargo is a lover of basketball, and I really think it has been his coverage that has been stellar for us in the past. He has much to talk about now.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 05:17:09 PM »
ET: The Trib had issues this year. They lost their sports editor (Puskas) to the Vindicator. I think Sulonenis the name of the new one. Also, Vargo is a lover of basketball, and I really think it has been his coverage that has been stellar for us in the past. He has much to talk about now.

The links to the Warren Tribune coverages of YSU BBall in the last few days are shown below:

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/578923/YSU-opens-at-GW.html?nav=5024

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/579032/Eargle--Allen-lift-Youngstown-State-past-George-Washington.html?nav=5024

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/579095/Penguins-pass-the-eye-test.html?nav=5025

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/579129/YSU-women-win-second-straight.html?nav=5024

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 06:55:21 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 08:46:22 PM »
The YSU women win another game on the road and are now 2-0! The article is on page 4 of the vindy!! What's on the front page you ask! Some crazy story about car racing and cereal, big ben's injury status, two highschool playoff articles, and YSU's football playoff's chances . I will concede the last three to the front page but cereal and racing and Big Ben ! Put the basketball win on the front page where it belongs!!

You beat me to it, anything other then page 1 makes the Vindy a JOKE!