Author Topic: post mortem for uni  (Read 6792 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
post mortem for uni
« on: September 30, 2012, 09:20:09 PM »
Well I hope that uni has a great time counting their blood money.

If my simple mind is correct, there is no way they can get 7 D1 wins. So they would have to win the league and get the auto bid. Already lost to YSU and NDSU so both YSU and NDSU would have to lose 3 league games while uni wins out. Anything is possible but certainly a very long shot.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: post mortem for uni
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 10:25:58 PM »
UNI's playoff chance would be if there are not enough teams with 7 Division I wins to qualify for all the at-large bids.

The two FBS games certainly didn't help - but the killer was playing the Division II team.  If they had beat a FCS team they would still have a chance to get to 7 wins if they ran the table.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 08:34:25 AM »
I wonder if they will finally fall out of the top 15.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 08:41:29 AM »
UNI's playoff chance would be if there are not enough teams with 7 Division I wins to qualify for all the at-large bids.

The two FBS games certainly didn't help - but the killer was playing the Division II team.  If they had beat a FCS team they would still have a chance to get to 7 wins if they ran the table.

I remember logging their schedule early in the year & it was not a DII team then ...I think they had a cancellation.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 08:51:31 AM »

I remember logging their schedule early in the year & it was not a DII team then ...I think they had a cancellation.

Savannah State cancelled and paid them $250k for the cancellation.  Savannah State rescheduled with Fla. State to get two blood money games.  Then UNI found an open date with Iowa.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 10:28:46 AM »
yet, UNI doesnt have money for the 2 inch gaps in the seams of their turf, the white line on Yardline 5 is crooked, their kicking nets had holes in it, their scoreboard had lights out and their visiting locker rooms looked like janitor rooms.

#UNIFAIL

ps-  99% of iowa cares about iowa and iowa state.  period

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 01:18:30 PM »
yet, UNI doesnt have money for the 2 inch gaps in the seams of their turf, the white line on Yardline 5 is crooked, their kicking nets had holes in it, their scoreboard had lights out and their visiting locker rooms looked like janitor rooms.

#UNIFAIL

ps-  99% of iowa cares about iowa and iowa state.  period

Haha this is amazing. Where does all of their attitude come from I wonder?

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »
The gaps, & other turf issues, area common issue with domes. They did not have those problems (at least as much) when the dome was soft. No excuse for the facilities and equipment though. YSU has the junk goods that get beat-up, but those go away for guests. I think ...at least under Strollo ...we have done a very nice job with facilities and equipment. That is why Harbaugh kept the '9ers here instead of Akron or Kent.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 03:08:55 PM »
I wonder if they will finally fall out of the top 15.

Yup..... dropped way down to #22 (TSN) at 1-4 with the only win against the Amputee University DII
#25 in the coaches poll and #24 over on AGS.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 03:21:59 PM by ysubigred »

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
It's really better for the MVFC for them not to be in it--they always have a good team but they waste a playoff spot by losing every year. ::)

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 12:09:32 PM »
dave  awesome post!!

Offline GOpenZ

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »
C'MON MAN! They won last year.  Don't you remember to SC TOP 10, when the Wofford kick returner let go of the ball without taking a knee, only to allow #UNIFAIL to score a TD which would be the difference in the ball game.

Z