Author Topic: Fresh QB Jeff Clegg  (Read 2493 times)

Offline KentStGuin15

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
Fresh QB Jeff Clegg
« on: September 08, 2012, 03:43:32 PM »
As i posted this in the recruiting form, im not sure how many check it so i figured i would at least try to get some discussion going. 6'1 200 4.45 (yes you read that right) from local Berlin Center
heard from one of the coaches about 3 weeks ago not to be surprised if he beats out Angle and Wargo in 2 years after Hess is gone. he is RS This year but the staff said he has looked like a star in the making, strong arm and very fast, and runs hard like Tebow when he gets hit with contact, said he's a Youngstown Throw Back QB, Hard working, dedicated, and talented.

he passed for almost 2000 yards last year with about 30 TDs, 2 Ints, ran for almost 600 Yards with 13 TDs and no fumbles.

i spoke with a coach from WR last night before the game who talked to Montie (Sam Montgumory SP?) to ask how Jeff Clegg was doing, said Clegg would be the #2 QB if Hess was a SR because then they could play him in blowouts or if Hess gets hurt but he can sit for a year and compete for that job next year, Sam loves that they can RS him this year for him to learn the system and play book for 2 years before he starts, but he's done nothing but impress the staff,  one coach compared him to Otto Graham, said he has a will to win no matter what, runs like a RB (and DBs have trouble tackling him), but has good enough QB talent to play QB at this level. they really feel like they got a steal with the kid and he was under recruited because he was so small and played at such a small level of HS ball.