YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Scalzo's column today in Vindicator

(1/4) > >>

Pita:
Anyone care to discuss the merits of Scalzo's summation
of Coach Slocum in todays Vindicator????

Quite an article.......lotsa food for thought.

To those of us who attend home games, I'd be interested in hearing
your opinions.  I'm sorta on the fence; for once in my life I'll stick
a sock in it.

guinpen:
Just got home from work, will try to read tonight

guinpen:
Decent read and looks at both sides. You can make a point that we are getting better, albeit very slowly, but I do agree that Slocum needs to work a little on his approach to the press and supporters. I just hate to listen to him pre or post game. I think that he thinks he is funny but he comes across as cold and a touch bitter.

Oouch, we spend less on men bb then the zits do on women, that sucks. But I blame our AD for that, plain and simple. Strollo is in way over his head as AD. Maybe we need another assistant AD to help figure it all out.

ItalianPenguin:

--- Quote from: guinpen on March 02, 2011, 10:41:54 PM ---Decent read and looks at both sides. You can make a point that we are getting better, albeit very slowly, but I do agree that Slocum needs to work a little on his approach to the press and supporters. I just hate to listen to him pre or post game. I think that he thinks he is funny but he comes across as cold and a touch bitter.

Oouch, we spend less on men bb then the zits do on women, that sucks. But I blame our AD for that, plain and simple. Strollo is in way over his head as AD. Maybe we need another assistant AD to help figure it all out.

--- End quote ---
Why do you blame Strollo for the distribution of money to basketball? He doesn't decide that--the YSU board decides that. If it were up to him, he would greatly increase the money men's basketball gets. Whatever shortcomings you feel he has, that's not a fair criticism. His hands are tied.

tailgateloubob:
Not a bad article, i do agree that coach is not the best speaker in the house and comes off pretty cold. My wife who does not really look at basketball but is a huge football fan, says wow if we had a son that was a great player do you think he could come to the house and sell us on YSU "not". Lets look at not playing basketball in the mens and womens divisions, we would not be dissapointing the fans (we have none). How much money will we save and where can we use it, the football team looks to be going in the right direction. Do we make enough money to keep the lights on for the basketball games or pay for the heat? I think the board should look at these options or plan on going out and starting over again like we did in football before we bury ourselves and cannot get the players and coaches that we need. I wonder what the savings would be , can anybody relate to the $$$ coaches salaries,travel,expenses,recruiting, lets try and come up with a figure ????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version