YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Nit

(1/2) > >>

YsuPride:
As expected we weren't selected.  No team from horizon was selected as well.

YsuPride:
No tournament for Guins.    None

YSUGO:
The Horizon gets no respect,  I watched Duquesne win yesterday wonder if that league would be a good fit for an upgrade. If Dayton still in would be a good rival

mudclods:
The NIT turned into what we expected with a lot of the bigger school turning down invites so now they get a 15-16 Villanova team in and as a #1 seed.  There was no way YSU was getting in the NIT with the changes that were made

Cleveland St. is in the CBI tournament and PFW in the CIT tournament. 

From the sounds of it, YSU didn't want to participate in a post season tourney, the mindset sure changed from a few years ago when Coach Calhoun was all about it.

The whole thing is disappointing

Double ET:

--- Quote from: mudclods on March 18, 2024, 08:45:41 AM ---The NIT turned into what we expected with a lot of the bigger school turning down invites so now they get a 15-16 Villanova team in and as a #1 seed.  There was no way YSU was getting in the NIT with the changes that were made

Cleveland St. is in the CBI tournament and PFW in the CIT tournament. 

From the sounds of it, YSU didn't want to participate in a post season tourney, the mindset sure changed from a few years ago when Coach Calhoun was all about it.

The whole thing is disappointing

--- End quote ---
According the news report, Calhoun didn’t want to participate into these tournaments. I don’t know what the real reason is. I guess it could have something to do with the budget. The other two teams don’t have football program expenditures. Calhoun also mentioned that the seniors are done. It could be due to the NIL agreements between the players and the university.
This new trend of portal transfer and NIL payments in NCAA has changed the landscape of college sports. Everything is about $$$. Watch the interview with Nick Saban on his view of NIL and its impact on the future of college sports and the players.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version