YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU Baseball

(1/4) > >>

goodnews:
I know it's hard to compete with teams from warm climate in certain sports as I've experienced it myself.  However, 8 games into the season and YSU has been outscored 94-16.  I know they are playing up in competition but WOW!     

Penquin68:
Baseball had another bad series at Georgia Tech loosing all 4 games. Three were stopped by the 10 run rule after 7 innings. Watching some of the games on ESPN+ was difficult. Our pitching is not up to that level of competition.  One game in 6 innings we gave up 17 walks! Now we have games Tuesday at Kent, Wednesday at Pitt, and Friday begins a 3 game League series. After using so many pitchers this past weekend, I don't think we have enough pichers who can make these games any where near competitive. Not sure what the issues are. I know we lost a good pitcher to Texas A&M. Not sure about any others. Maybe playing some northern team will make things better. I sure hope so.

Wick250:
This is Bertolini's eighth season. I am shocked at how bad his pitching staff is, almost certainly the worst in program history by a large margin. Sure the schedule was way too ambitious, and we shall see how these guys compete in the league. But if your so-called pitchers can't throw strikes, you are doomed regardless of the competition.

I just wonder how long we can continue to waste money on an expensive program with little return. I love baseball but this is ridiculous.

YsuPride:
He will be fired at end of season mark my word. Better baseball coaches out there.

IAA Fan:
I’m not saying keep him or let him go either way. But I am saying we seldom do any better than what we have have done this year and the first half of the season. And I can say he has contacts when if we ever had games of this stat or so many of them and one season?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version