YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Horizon League Tourney Seeding

(1/12) > >>

mudclods:
YSU is going to be a 2 or 3 seed with a first round bye and a home game.  YSU could end up in a 3-way or 2-way tie for the regular season title if Oakland would lose to Detroit, but still can only be a 2 or 3 seed.  We need Milwaukee to beat GB at home on Saturday to get the 2 seed. Milwaukee can't improve their seeding, but you hope will want to beat their rival and guarantee themselves of a winning record.

So barring some crazy upsets, it would appear YSU will play Milwaukee, PFW or CSU.  I'm not sure who I'd rather see us play.  It took OT to beat Milwaukee twice and I feel they are the most dangerous team that won't get the first round bye.  We've struggled with PFW in recent years.  CSU has talent, but plays pretty inconsistent basketball.

One advantage you hope YSU has is they are the only team that doesn't play Saturday so in a way they almost get a double bye when it comes to rest.  Milwaukee, PFW & CSU are all at home though on Saturday and of course on Tuesday

Double ET:
I prefer to play CSU at home. UWM played us tough this year and PFW is a very talented and dangerous team (they had a net ranking of 52 in the beginning of the season).

mudclods:

--- Quote from: Double ET on February 29, 2024, 09:20:00 AM ---I prefer to play CSU at home. UWM played us tough this year and PFW is a very talented and dangerous team (they had a net ranking of 52 in the beginning of the season).

--- End quote ---

I would agree with that.  PFW is 152 in the net now, CSU 203 and Milwaukee at 241.  If Milwaukee loses at home to GB they will drop event more.  YSU dropped 4 spots to 128 after their Detroit win.  I just looked at they were 127 last year. 

PeteGuinYo:
Here's the math...

YSU will finish as the #2 seed in the Horizon League Tournament with a Green Bay loss to Milwaukee.

YSU will finish as the #3 seed in the Horizon League Tournament with a Green Bay win over Milwaukee.

mudclods:
Here is the bracket https://horizonleague.org/documents/2023/8/25/2024_Men_s_Basketball_Bracket_8_25_23.pdf

With YSU getting the #2 seed, the only thing that is certain is we won't play the winner of Milwaukee/Detroit. 

Most likely it would appear YSU will be playing CSU. 

The only way YSU would play IUPUI is if BOTH Detroit and IUPUI win and we all know the chances of that happening. 

If Detroit OR IUPUI wins, then YSU would get the winner of PFW/Robert Morris. 

The one thing at least about being the #2 seed is if there is an upset in the first round and that team then could knock off Oakland then YSU would be the beneficiary getting to play them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version