Author Topic: Wright St  (Read 2476 times)

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Wright St
« on: January 11, 2024, 08:45:19 PM »
Big game tomorrow at 9pm.  Lets all show up.  No NFL,  no NBA. no college basketball.  Nothing else going on so no excuses not to be there.   RED OUT!!!!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Wright St
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 11:09:32 PM »
The Fort Wayne game proved two things.  First, this team can play defense. Second, this team refuses to play defense for the entire game. CAN they give us 40 minutes of effort tomorrow? Yes. WILL they give us 40 minutes of effort tomorrow. I doubt it.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2024, 01:01:31 AM »
As coach says, must protect home court in this league!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 05:31:54 AM »
The Fort Wayne game proved two things.  First, this team can play defense. Second, this team refuses to play defense for the entire game. CAN they give us 40 minutes of effort tomorrow? Yes. WILL they give us 40 minutes of effort tomorrow. I doubt it.

That’s another way for us to consider. Let us give the credits to the other teams. They might be able to make the necessary adjustments to get us out of sync in our defense and our coaching staff was unable to make counter adjustments.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2024, 07:34:52 AM »
Lets hope weather doesn't effect the attendance tonight.   Going to be nasty according to the local stations.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2024, 08:58:16 AM »
Lets hope weather doesn't effect the attendance tonight.   Going to be nasty according to the local stations.

Guessing that the weather will influence some borderline folks.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2024, 09:46:19 AM »
On Hilton Head Island for the winter, but having a watch party tonight with friends from home!  Thanks ESPN. GO GUINS! 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2024, 10:16:44 AM »
YSU is a 1.5 point favorite.  The over/under is around 165.

YSU swept the series last year and have 5 of the last 7 after previously losing 6 straight. 

WSU is 9-8, 4-2

WSU is averaging nearly 86 a game, but have scored 101 against RMU and 106 against PFW in their last 2 games.  They also scored 103 against IUPUI in the HL opener.  They beat CSU 82-70.  They got swept by the WI schools on the road.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2024, 12:24:51 PM »
Weather or not I will be there.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2024, 12:27:16 PM »
I wonder how many students will be there.  Hopefully they have the bleachers out on the one side that is normally down.   If crowd is big they will need those seats.

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2024, 01:34:11 PM »
I wonder how many students will be there.  Hopefully they have the bleachers out on the one side that is normally down.   If crowd is big they will need those seats.

I thought they might have for the NIT game against OSU and didn't so I'm guessing no.

It's supposed to be the 40s this evening, and other than the wind and some rain, I can't imagine why anyone would stay home for an indoor game for that.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2024, 06:45:47 PM »
Tough match up.   Tanner Holden might be the best athlete in the league and Trey Calvin has shot numerous daggers at the Penguins over the years,  AJ Braun is tough down low and Noel is a load too.

YSU needs to bring their A game and must play 40 minutes .   Hopefully coach roiis out some new wrinkles to get the Raiders off track.

WSU might have the best starting 5 in the Horizon.   YSU might have the better 1- 10 .
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 06:47:00 PM by ucfpengbuck »

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2024, 08:04:32 PM »
Tough match up.   Tanner Holden might be the best athlete in the league and Trey Calvin has shot numerous daggers at the Penguins over the years,  AJ Braun is tough down low and Noel is a load too.

YSU needs to bring their A game and must play 40 minutes .   Hopefully coach roiis out some new wrinkles to get the Raiders off track.

WSU might have the best starting 5 in the Horizon.   YSU might have the better 1- 10 .

That's what is a little surprising they are only 9-8 but they had a super tough non conference schedule with losses to Colorado State, Indiana, Toledo, Hofstra, Davidson & Western Kentucky

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2024, 10:02:35 PM »
YSU really had an opportunity to push the lead out in the first half when they got up 31-28. Had all the momentum, but couldn't buy a basket & missed 3 FT including 2 front ends of 1-1's. Too reliant on 3's.

To be down 7 a couple different times & not make a FG the last 5+ minutes you'll take only being down 2 & getting the ball to start the 2nd half.

Really good defense to hold WSU to 34 after they scored 28 in the first 12+ mins.

Crowd is very good but I expected more. Definitely less than the last 2 nationally televised games. Maybe the weather did keep some people home.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2024, 10:59:22 PM »
That was a DAMN GOOD EFFORT!   Somebody point out everything bad about this game! 
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!