Author Topic: FCS final  (Read 2734 times)

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: FCS final
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2024, 10:34:24 PM »
YSUGO I think your onto something.   University has to do something to get butts in the seats.  Something has to be done and done soon.  Ysu basketball has good entertainment at half and promotes youth I don't even know what the football strategy is.  What is the strategy besides playing same songs year after year on the speaker system.  It caters to the old timers and not the youth which is our future.. your ideas Go are valid.  Ps-the restroom need a serious remodel.   They do and it way to dark in the restroom.  Oh well I guess I'm venting.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2024, 09:01:45 PM »
YSUGO I think your onto something.   University has to do something to get butts in the seats.  Something has to be done and done soon.  Ysu basketball has good entertainment at half and promotes youth I don't even know what the football strategy is.  What is the strategy besides playing same songs year after year on the speaker system.  It caters to the old timers and not the youth which is our future.. your ideas Go are valid.  Ps-the restroom need a serious remodel.   They do and it way to dark in the restroom.  Oh well I guess I'm venting.
Don't even get me started on the bathrooms.  They are absolutely disgusting. You can bet the administration, AD and coaches have never used them!
We need to work on butts in the seats but gimmicks isn't the answer. Send staff to civic organizations and show a nice hype video followed with free tickets  we have a product worth seeing. Get them in once, some will come back.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2024, 09:54:52 PM »
The bathrooms on the East side are fine, I mean they are bathrooms.

Gimmicks are not going to fill the seats. I would not stop them but they are not the answer.

Bringing in groups, high school bands, peewee leagues, school groups has to help, certainly some of them would catch the bug.

Biggest issues from now on are the money and the portal. If you try to develop talent and you do well at it, you risk losing players to bigtime schools that can hand out more cash. We will need to come up with cash and hope to cherry pick D2.

Loyalty, for the most part, is gone.

If the NCAA does not make some changes future is bleak for most schools in our situation and I really hate to say that 
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2024, 10:02:52 PM »
NCAA is done. Big 10 and SEC growth is ALL about leaving NCAA to go after seperate TV deal.  Without big school tv money those  arrogant bastards at NCAA are history. Probably s bad thing, but they've done such a bad job they deserve it

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2024, 11:05:17 PM »
NCAA is done. Big 10 and SEC growth is ALL about leaving NCAA to go after seperate TV deal.  Without big school tv money those  arrogant bastards at NCAA are history. Probably s bad thing, but they've done such a bad job they deserve it

The first three words of your post are absolutely true. In the past the NCAA could at least theoretically control the perks that schools gave to athletes and identify under-the-table booster money. Now the NCAA has no control over perks (NIL) and money payouts are legal. How do you discipline cheaters when there are no rules?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2024, 10:12:42 AM »

The first three words of your post are absolutely true. In the past the NCAA could at least theoretically control the perks that schools gave to athletes and identify under-the-table booster money. Now the NCAA has no control over perks (NIL) and money payouts are legal. How do you discipline cheaters when there are no rules?
There is no cheating if you have no rules.  Problem solved. The big schools get the best players, same as always. We get third tier, same as always. Players will develop differently so occasionally we'll get a nfl level player, same as always. Just eliminate stupid NCAA rules.  Hundreds of millions available for tv to schools with money grabbing NCAA out of the way.  Why do you think big and acc are doing this?  FOLLOW THE MONEY.