Author Topic: Penguins Announce December Signees  (Read 4000 times)

jcrum918@gmail.com

Re: Penguins Announce December Signees
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2023, 08:43:38 PM »
I'm not sure why all the talk against bball.  I hope all ysu sports are successful.  I will say this I think fcs is absolutely the right place for ysu football. Much more national attention when successful than the lower half of fbs.  I really enjoy fcs football and unlike what so many on this board say the talent has been increasing at fcs level. There is much more attention from NFL scouts given to fcs than in years past.  Not sure what the future will hold however if we keep playing well we will be fine.  Go Guins.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2023, 09:10:15 PM »
Basketball is a contact sport period.  YSU if they can get to the dance and win a game will do more for athletics in terms of exposure than an FCS championship. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2023, 08:38:26 AM »
I'm not sure why all the talk against bball.  I hope all ysu sports are successful.  I will say this I think fcs is absolutely the right place for ysu football. Much more national attention when successful than the lower half of fbs.  I really enjoy fcs football and unlike what so many on this board say the talent has been increasing at fcs level. There is much more attention from NFL scouts given to fcs than in years past.  Not sure what the future will hold however if we keep playing well we will be fine.  Go Guins.

Agree
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2023, 12:18:47 PM »
Let’s look at YSU football and basketball from a different perspectives, if our student athletes want to play in either NFL or NBA, they will be better off coming to YSU for football than basketball. In the last 50 years, we have had many football players made in to the NFL ( currently we have had 5 guys on the NFL active roster or practice squad, although Derek Rivers was released by Houston in mid season).
Historically We have had no one making it into NBA (may be except one guy in the 1950’s). As good as Kendrick Perry is (who made into the starting squad for FIBA World Cup basketball tournament this year), he could not make it to the NBA, although he played against the USA squad with all NBA starters.
So, for those high school players who have pro-ball aspirations, statistically, come to YSU to play fcs football instead of basketball.
Just saying….