Author Topic: Now that you know the final 4 teams where are we in the top 25?  (Read 3444 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Now that you know the final 4 teams where are we in the top 25?
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2023, 08:56:45 AM »
Sagarin has YSU as the 10th highest 1AA school!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2023, 03:40:37 PM »
Haha.  Lots to think about in this thread. Someone just said this board is hating.  We can’t do that!!!  Palladian and nation have been calling this the cheerleader board for far too long.

Tressel, attendance, the 90’s OH MY!!! To be clear on some of the posts, Heacock got us in the playoffs once in ‘06.   The Wolf couldn’t win in November let alone win enough to make the playoffs.

Funny how no one mentions big BP much. You talk sooo much about kids coaching kids but fail to remember what HIS staff consisted of.  Maybe it’s NOT about inexperienced staff or the lack of money but rather, we just haven’t found another Tressel. Hate to break it to ya…we probably wont. JT, attendance AND the 90’s were an anomaly.  Not likely to happen again.  Look at the crumble happening in NDSU.  And look at the attendance at Nova. If memory serves me, I heard 5k fans?  And what did we have the week before, 3,500?  Man…that’s a helluva margin.  What’s that tell you?  ITS. NOT. JUST. YSU. And who said NDSU attendance is even falling? And they’re only a COUPLE years removed from their dynasty.

Hate to break THIS to you also.  IF we happen to be ranked top 10 this year, I’d say that’s not too shabby, actually. 

Look, I get it…I want to be a power house. I wish the 90’s never happened as even I want that again. 

I’d say, be satisfied with the very small incremental progress we have made over the last few years and go to church.  Cuz ain’t too many more flags gonna be hung without some prayer and another anomaly.

Go GUINS!!!

I would hope we are called a cheerleader board. After all this is a pro-YSU board  :)

jcrum918@gmail.com

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2023, 03:24:45 PM »
The way playoffs progressed here are the teams I have above ysu:
SDSU, Montana, NDSU, Villanova, Montana St., Furman (close), USD (close)
I think we are better than UND, Delaware, Idaho, Albany but they would have an argument. 
Not to shabby (#7 or 8 th best team)in a solid fcs this year.  The fcs is predicting to place 8 percent of spots on NFL rosters next year.   I feel like the top 40 fcs teams which would include us are significantly more talented than the bottom 40 fbs teams plus we play for something.  Go Guins.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 03:28:27 PM by jcrum918@gmail.com »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2023, 05:33:34 PM »
We might be as high as 8 or as low as 12. And after SDSU smashes Montana in the championship game, it will be obvious that we lost in the playoffs to the second best FCS team.

I watched about 10 minutes of the Ohio (9-3) and Georgia Southern (6-6) minor bowl game on Saturday. The announcers kept stressing the number of Ohio players that were absent because they had already entered the portal. They concluded that these minor bowl games were good because they give young players a chance to display their talents to the coaching staff. OK, fine. The goal of a G5 football season is to play in a meaningless bowl game without starters who have already transferred. Compare that nonsense to the intensity of the NDSU-Montana State, Montana-Furman, and NDSU-Montana playoff games.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2023, 07:08:33 AM »
You know, I am somewhat different than most on the board, as I really only like YSU sports. Sure I keep my eyes on the Orioles and occasionally the Tribe, but I would rather go to a YSU baseball game any day of the week. When I lived locally, if I was off, I would shoot over to campus and watch any number of other sports. I lived right around the corner from McCune and saw Penguin softball quite a bit, as I helped coach my little brother's ball team there.

That being said I do not care about the AFC Central/North, even if I check out the Browns game once in a while. Instead I check out the teams in the MVFC and Horizon.  That being said:

1. I may have been too harsh, but even toning it down, I still do not see us in the top-20.
2. Remember that men's basketball (and women's sports in general)  drive conference affiliation. That does not seem to be the case in the very near future does it?