Author Topic: NCAA Playoffs Week 2: YSU at Villanova Saturday 12/2 at 12pm  (Read 10029 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA Playoffs Week 2: YSU at Villanova Saturday 12/2 at 12pm
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2023, 08:14:00 PM »
Not a good showing so far for sure!

As bad as we played SDSU , we aren't as inept as Albany.  How did they win so many games.  Their QB is not good

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2023, 08:28:51 PM »

As bad as we played SDSU , we aren't as inept as Albany.  How did they win so many games.  Their QB is not good

We did look better then UA is looking tonight. It is too easy to not give YSU more credit.

So 35-0 at the half, time to look for a good Christmas movie, is Die Hard on?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2023, 08:50:23 PM »

We did look better then UA is looking tonight. It is too easy to not give YSU more credit.

42 -0 with 14:23 left in the 3rd

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2023, 10:01:28 PM »

42 -0 with 14:23 left in the 3rd

59-0 the final.  They could have put 100 on them

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2023, 09:57:51 AM »
Albany has a great QB, they said he will be POY or Frosh of the year for sure. already won it for the CAA.  Albany stomped Villanova. I think it was 34-3. last night was just Just a bad environment for them

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2023, 10:21:02 AM »
Albany has a great QB, they said he will be POY or Frosh of the year for sure. already won it for the CAA.  Albany stomped Villanova. I think it was 34-3. last night was just Just a bad environment for them

Wrong.  They were completely overmatched on the LOS and they lacked speed.  I would suspect that if Villanova played them 10 times they would win 8 of them.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2023, 11:42:48 AM »
I watched the first half of the game where they were behind 35-0. They lack the size and speed comparing to MVFC teams. I think YSU would have taken down those guys. Unfortunately, we had to play Nova at Philly. I think the top eight teams in MVFC are better. We might be too hard on ourselves
That also tells you the strength of MVFC when CAA is considered to be the second rated fcs conference.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2023, 12:17:31 PM »
I just looked up the Albany-Villanova game. Villanova had five turnovers; Albany had none.

As others have noted, Villanova is the only CAA team that has the size and strength up front to compete in the MVFC. With James Madison and Delaware now gone, the CAA has become Villanova and the (fill-in the blank) dwarfs.

The CAA joins the Southern Conference, once the home of multiple championship teams Georgia Southern, Marshall, and Appalachian State, as a second rate FCS conference.

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2023, 12:58:15 PM »
I just looked up the Albany-Villanova game. Villanova had five turnovers; Albany had none.

As others have noted, Villanova is the only CAA team that has the size and strength up front to compete in the MVFC. With James Madison and Delaware now gone, the CAA has become Villanova and the (fill-in the blank) dwarfs.

The CAA joins the Southern Conference, once the home of multiple championship teams Georgia Southern, Marshall, and Appalachian State, as a second rate FCS conference.

As we remain an irrelevant program in the irrelevant FCS.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2023, 05:50:54 PM »
The crowd at the Montana NDSU game is fantasic, kudos to the Griz fans!

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2023, 06:24:19 PM »

As we remain an irrelevant program in the irrelevant FCS.

Could’nt agree more I never understood the fascination of being in the fourth fifth or or six best team in a conference that we don’t fit in with no natural rivalries and very hard to travel. If we were in the CAA, we would be with Villanova like Dakotas, and be a top team every year and make the playoffs a lot easier and with that would come a higher seed and more home games instead of being a middle of pack team as we are now. But Mike was said in his post the FCS will become more irrelevant.   
I don’t see anything positive staying in the conference or wait. Maybe we should hang a banner Youngstown State plays in the toughest conference in FCS football and we made the playoffs three times in 20+ years ha ha ha ha we can put that next to the championship flags don’t get me wrong, I love Youngstown State but when you look at this from the big picture being in his Conference has been nothing but a failure look at this they brought in Murray state, not for football, but do the basketball program. Why aren’t we in? why aren’t we in this conference? I know the answer because we don’t have the money that the schools have for the most part that’s another story but again hey, we played a toughest conference and FCS and congratulations for that and let’s be honest we got a bottom feeder playoff team as a reward we would opened up on the road  against Villanova we have been one and done but again I’m still pro these guys and I understand we’re never gonna leave the conference as long as the AD supports it .  Another thing just because those teams suck. I got to the final four doesn’t matter. It just proves my point due to a conference got them to that point they didn’t have to beat their heads into the wall like we have done year after year hoping praying that we get in.  Go penguins.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2023, 06:40:16 PM »

26,544 fans at the game and they have 19,000 season ticket holders. That's a lot of extra cash to pay for coaches.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2023, 07:29:52 PM »
1. I like to say this was a big, defensive struggle, but quite honestly two of the most inept offenses I’ve ever seen.. I mean North Dakota stayed as bad as they were on defense held the grizzlies to three and out for an entire quarter and a half and we’re only able to put six points on the board two field goals.
2 that announcer is the worst announcer I have heard hidden so long I can’t stand to listen to them. I have to turn it off and take a break. He’s making this into like the greatest game ever played. It is the worst game of the season for both teams.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 10:13:17 AM by IAA Fan »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2023, 07:36:00 PM »
1. I like to say this was a big, defensive struggle, but quite honestly two of the most inept offenses I’ve ever seen.. I mean North Dakota stayed as bad as they were on defense held the grizzlies to three and out for an entire quarter and a half and we’re only able to put six points on the board to field goalsm
2 that announcer is the worst announcer I have heard hidden so long I can’t stand to listen to them. I have to turn it off and take a break. He’s making this into like the greatest game ever played. It is the worst game of the season for both teams.

We just picked up an outstanding NT in the portal.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2023, 07:38:18 PM »

26,544 fans at the game and they have 19,000 season ticket holders. That's a lot of extra cash to pay for coaches.

Yes the Grizz atmosphere was good.  All this game showed me was Montana wasn’t overrated.  Plus we would lose to both teams. 
A Penguin for life!!!