Author Topic: YSU Hosts #1 South Dakota State  (Read 7254 times)

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU Hosts #1 South Dakota State
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2023, 07:02:46 PM »
Power we got handled on Senior day and shut out.  We are more than 4 players away from being at upper tier level in our conference.
Issues next year?  Whose. Our QB?  We need playmakers on both sides of the ball, The defense is as bad or worse when Wolford was here. 

Next year will be another rebuild.  I heard a comment that we only had 1 transfer last year lowest in league.  Which in our league transfers are important

Don’t get me on the dumb play calling when Brungard was in even a toddler knew he was running. 
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2023, 07:03:36 PM »
Epic fail from coaches, team, fans, athletic Department, marketing of this game. 
Season is done.  SD did what the wanted and even disrespected us by doing the Penguin dance on us

Dollar General budget, gives you this product. Offense has no explosive players other than Oliver, average Rb’s and a system QB.  Defense what Defense.

We will never be an upper tier team in this conference.  Ever. 

How long are we going to stay in a conference that has literally blew up this program and other than a lucky catch  has done nothing but be everyone’s homecoming game. 

Just upset sorry

Spot on!! So disgusted!!  Been around this program for 40 years and can’t take it anymore. Lucky to have 500 season ticket holders next year. So disgusted!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2023, 07:08:47 PM »
quote author=ytownchief22 link=topic=22356.msg117702#msg117702 date=1699731840]
LOL, you fools actually thought this team had a chance in this game with this weenie small time coaching staff??? These losers should be coaching D2. But hey, be glad those donor checks are still coming in since they hand picked a high school principal as head coach. They will not make the playoffs and the program is going nowhere under this loser.

For all of the Phillips haters out there, you know nothing about what he's down and what he's doing.  As I have stated earlier, we are missing 2 players on defense and 2 on offense that would be game changers.  But as I've stated many times, we have a ton of youth on the team.  They played a team with a ton of 6th year seniors due to the plandemic.  That is the standard. 

I didn't expect to win but I expected a more competitive game
[/quote]

I do not get the anti Phillips stuff, we are not where we want to be yet but are getting closer.

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2023, 07:11:02 PM »
I think I’m done!! Can’t take it anymore!!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2023, 07:53:16 PM »
We need 2 on the DL and 2 on the OL.  That's it.  And a QB next year

Offline Cimo7

• Royal Penguin
  • GO GUINS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2023, 08:07:47 PM »
Well 7-4 this year. If it wasn’t this years team getting to the playoffs I highly doubt it’ll be next year. Good season. See you next year.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2023, 08:20:24 PM »
Also. Can we get under center!!!!! Unreal!! Put Davidson under center with both backs split!! We stink!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2023, 08:27:24 PM »
So disgusting!!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2023, 09:37:41 PM »
Epic fail from coaches, team, fans, athletic Department, marketing of this game. 
Season is done.  SD did what the wanted and even disrespected us by doing the Penguin dance on us

Dollar General budget, gives you this product. Offense has no explosive players other than Oliver, average Rb’s and a system QB.  Defense what Defense.

We will never be an upper tier team in this conference.  Ever. 

How long are we going to stay in a conference that has literally blew up this program and other than a lucky catch  has done nothing but be everyone’s homecoming game. 

Just upset sorry

Spot on!! So disgusted!!  Been around this program for 40 years and can’t take it anymore. Lucky to have 500 season ticket holders next year. So disgusted!!

We’ll always have those great memories of the long lost past Stick

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2023, 10:18:28 PM »
This team will be worse next year and Mr. Principal will continue to make his little nerdy jokes and laugh it off. This program is a joke.

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2023, 10:52:58 PM »
While I agree and disagree with a lot said in this thread. Many of you are posting as if a non ranked team was supposed to beat the #1 ranked team who hasn’t lost to ANYONE in the last 23 attempts.  Hahaha. Not sure if y’all were aware but we did NOT just lose to Butler.  Look I’m a fan and love this team win or lose and I too get pissed off but if anyone thought for a millisecond that we had any chance to win this game you were absolutely dreaming.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 10:55:21 PM by YSU FAN#34 »

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2023, 10:55:52 PM »
We were not going to beat SDSU, the best FCS team that I have seen since Appalachian State over 15 years ago. We puked away the season at UNI with those two idiotic quarterback sneaks that murdered our momentum. And by allowing that pedestrian quarterback at South Dakota to mimic a Heisman candidate.

Today I reached a personal milestone: attendance at every single home football game for 50 years (1974 season to the present.) The way I feel this evening, that string is over. I'm done. If the athletic department reads this post, laugh at me all you want. But when you lose fans like Stick and me, you are doomed.

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2023, 11:32:47 PM »
They need to stop scheduling teams like Ohio State.  Had they not scheduled that game they would be sitting with 3 losses heading into a winnable game and more than likely the playoffs. Your season shouldn't come down to having to beat the number 1 team in the country that hasn't lost since last September to Iowa and won the title last year. Consistently making the playoffs is good for recruiting not getting crushed by FBS schools but it's all about the money sadly, so hope that money was worth another year of no playoffs .  Also get out of this conference. Doesn't matter how good the conference is when you get your balls beat in year in and year out. Back in the Gateway we couldn't beat Western Kentucky, Southern Illinois, and UNI. Now it's the Dakota schools.  Just over the same garbage year in and year out.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 12:02:12 AM by JP21 »

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2023, 06:53:15 AM »
We were not going to beat SDSU, the best FCS team that I have seen since Appalachian State over 15 years ago. We puked away the season at UNI with those two idiotic quarterback sneaks that murdered our momentum. And by allowing that pedestrian quarterback at South Dakota to mimic a Heisman candidate.

Today I reached a personal milestone: attendance at every single home football game for 50 years (1974 season to the present.) The way I feel this evening, that string is over. I'm done. If the athletic department reads this post, laugh at me all you want. But when you lose fans like Stick and me, you are doomed.

Wick, congrats on your milestone, impressive. I started a couple of years before you but have missed 5-6 games as I recall.

Like alot of folks I have been very frustrated over the years, lots of people over the years that you can point your finger at.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline No. 1 Tailgater

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2023, 08:32:24 AM »
Very disappointing loss yesterday. I really thought we would play better.  They had to put it all together and between play calling and refs couldn’t keep it close.  But it’s about those seniors and the remainder of those players putting in all that time in the weight room, film room and practice field. Focus on Murray State and put the best game of the year together. We will then see what the committee thinks. I am not going to jump on the fire coach Phillips ban wagon but am curious when is his contract up?  GO GUINS