Author Topic: YSU poor handicap parking  (Read 2810 times)

Offline pen4life

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
YSU poor handicap parking
« on: September 05, 2023, 10:55:10 PM »
Handicap parking stinks. 3 blocks from stadium and they did away with shuttles.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU poor handicap parking
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2023, 05:23:35 AM »
Handicap parking stinks. 3 blocks from stadium and they did away with shuttles.
One of the main reasons for me not going to the game since the shuttles were discontinued from the Wick parking deck to the stadium. I am not a handicap, but I am old.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2023, 08:50:58 AM »
Simple.   Ysu needs to bring back the shuttle bus.  Attendance is not where it used to be and this is one of the many reasons Attendance has been piss poor.  I am not old or handicapped but do take the elevator when I get to the stadium.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2023, 10:03:35 AM »
Simple.   Ysu needs to bring back the shuttle bus.  Attendance is not where it used to be and this is one of the many reasons Attendance has been piss poor.  I am not old or handicapped but do take the elevator when I get to the stadium.

YSU has the shuttle buses running between the parking lots during the school days. It can’t cost that much to run them during the game days. The revenues from the tickets and parking should be able to cover the cost of the shuttle. By not providing the shuttle bus, they now get neither from me. What a great business decision, Lol.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2023, 10:15:24 AM »
When did they stop the shuttle?

Since they took down the deck I would have thought that the Wick deck would be used more, hence more of a need for the shuttle.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2023, 11:29:18 AM »

Since they took down the deck I would have thought that the Wick deck would be used more, hence more of a need for the shuttle.
I believe it was 2020. They shut down the Wick deck shuttle and moved it to Handicap lot on 5 th Ave & Wood street. In order to catch the shuttle, one had to walk to that lot. I just parked at Wick deck and walked to the stadium. I could not park at the handicap lot since they required a handicap parking permit. I complained to the athletic department and received no response.

I stopped renewing my season tickets after that year and had not attended a game since.

Offline GoGuins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2023, 11:50:04 AM »

I believe it was 2020. They shut down the Wick deck shuttle and moved it to Handicap lot on 5 th Ave & Wood street. In order to catch the shuttle, one had to walk to that lot. I just parked at Wick deck and walked to the stadium. I could not park at the handicap lot since they required a handicap parking permit. I complained to the athletic department and received no response.

I stopped renewing my season tickets after that year and had not attended a game since.

I haven’t been to campus in a couple years, but  did they put more parking where the Lincoln deck was?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 11:50:35 AM by GoGuins »

Offline ysu1982

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2023, 12:50:53 PM »
YSU should have had signs for parking lots, that were open to student because of classes on Thursday but not open to football fans. The normal lot I park in was not open to fans on Thursday. YSU listed these lots on website for football parking but were not available. I also saw a group of Valpo fans complaining about this and signs to event parking that were confusing.

Offline pen4life

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2023, 03:45:16 PM »
Whoever is in charge really screwed up this year. If it doesn't improve count me out as a season tickets holder next year. I hope the university has the good sense to monitor this site.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2023, 04:04:24 PM »
Whoever is in charge really screwed up this year. If it doesn't improve count me out as a season tickets holder next year. I hope the university has the good sense to monitor this site.

Before I retired as a faculty member, I had many run ins with the parking services in many university committee meetings. These guys were just not interested in improving the parking services.
I have given up, The same guy is still in charge.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2023, 05:16:20 PM »
I have been a season ticket holder for football and basketball since 1982. My impression is that the university treats you like royalty if you rent a loge or give generously through the Penguin Club. If you buy season tickets but do not give any donations, the university ignores you. If you are a casual fan who might buy a single game ticket, the university treats you like dirt.

Double ET,
Is not the guy that still runs parking the son of the trustee who got drunk, stumbled into Fifth Avenue, got struck by a university vehicle, and then sued the university? If so, nepotism at its worst.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2023, 06:01:32 PM »
Wick250, you nailed it. There were general discussions among the faculty members…..” how the hell could he hold the job?

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2023, 08:55:00 PM »
I have been a season ticket holder for football and basketball since 1982. My impression is that the university treats you like royalty if you rent a loge or give generously through the Penguin Club. If you buy season tickets but do not give any donations, the university ignores you. If you are a casual fan who might buy a single game ticket, the university treats you like dirt.

Double ET,
Is not the guy that still runs parking the son of the trustee who got drunk, stumbled into Fifth Avenue, got struck by a university vehicle, and then sued the university? If so, nepotism at its worst.

Offline ysuseasonticket

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2023, 09:02:57 PM »
I've been a season ticket holder since they played their final season at Fitch. Tressell send me a letter congratulating me on my 10 year anniversary as a season ticket holder. I thought that was a class act and showed appreciation. I got nothing since then. I have 6 tickets, I totally agree, they simply don't care.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2023, 09:24:27 AM »
I remember when they gave the faculty the option to purchase their seats when they were building the stadium. It was Narduzzi's idea. Very smart guy. Much smarter than he appeared. My dad bought two of them. Then I bought 2 more in my dad's name. Mine were $600 each I believe (could have been $1200 each). I bought one for myself and one for my daughter. I paid for mine, but faculty had the cost deducted from their paycheck over several years. We still have to pay for our tickets, but we get first choice on anything that happens in the stadium. In the days where YSU was good, they always called and asked us if we were going to use our tickets in the play-off games. So if we were not going, they could resell them.

We always tailgated in the "cheap lot" and the handicapped busses parked there, so we always had a ride if we needed it. For years it was on the back side of Lincoln (toward town). Then the moved it next to the Taco Bell on the campus side of Lincoln. (Or is that Wick? I am forgetting the streets anymore, I have been living out of town for so long).