Author Topic: Jaleel McLaughlin in Denver training camp  (Read 4337 times)

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Jaleel McLaughlin in Denver training camp
« on: August 01, 2023, 11:31:19 AM »
Jaleel McLaughlin was impressive in the training camp. The following is the write up on the Denver Broncos official website:

A YOUNG RUNNER
Behind Javonte Williams and Samaje Perine, undrafted rookie Jaleel McLaughlin may have a chance to make a name for himself.

The Youngstown State product showed off his speed on Monday and may have recorded a long carry under game conditions.
"He has a little burst, and there's some toughness to him," Payton said. "He's the first one here. I don't know what time he gets here in the morning, but it's pretty early. He's a guy you root for. He's shifty, and he has good change of direction. It's funny. When you put the pads on players for the first day, then you really get an appreciation of how they look in pads. It's hard to measure that when they're not in pads. Today was that day where you're just looking around at everyone and how they carry the pads. It'll be a good stretch for him, though. He's a guy that it's really important to."
McLaughlin carried the ball 227 times for 1,588 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2022, as he averaged more than 144 rushing yards per game.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Jaleel McLaughlin in Denver training camp
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2023, 05:57:51 AM »
His progress in trading camp is gathering good review from local podcast

https://youtu.be/KWbYt91KQww

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2023, 07:55:15 AM »
Jaleel is for real according to these two guys.

Nice comments on him.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2023, 09:46:07 AM »
Jaleel is for real according to these two guys.

Nice comments on him.

We could use him for another year at YSU, especially when we play at Ohio State this year, Lol

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Jaleel McLaughlin in Denver’s first preseason game
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2023, 08:29:49 AM »
This is the highlights of the game. Towards the end of the video, Jaleel had an impressive 12 yards screen pass and a 4 yard TD run.
He did well.

https://youtu.be/86nnmi_I8Vk

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2023, 12:16:35 AM »
Jameel seems to have had another good game. 7 carries for 45 yards and 2 receptions for 8 yards. One td also.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2023, 06:25:21 AM »
He had a good game. I believe he ran 7 times for 45 yards including a 8 yard to. He also caught a 9 yard to pass on a screen play. He also had a 44 yard kick off return.
He had a total of 92 all purpose yards in the game.
You can his td run, receiving td and the 44 yards kickoff return on the internet.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2023, 06:36:21 AM »
This is the highlight from YouTube

https://youtu.be/O5bplSn1_d4

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2023, 07:13:00 AM »
Awesome!
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2023, 11:24:40 AM »
Awesome for Jaleel!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2023, 05:08:39 PM »
I'm being selfish. I hope that Denver can't squeeze Jaleel on their opening day roster. I hope that they try to sneak him through waivers before they place him on their taxi squad. Then I hope that a certain team in NE Ohio, who has no depth whatsoever behind their star running back, grabs Jaleel. Of course, given the legendary incompetence of the Browns' front office, they would surely pass on McLaughlin even if they got the opportunity.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2023, 06:23:27 PM »
Another featured article from Denver local media on Jaleel.
IMO, they can’t hide him and put on the practice squad. Other teams will definitely claim off wavier.

See the article below:

“The Denver Broncos may have found a diamond in the undrafted rough in running back Jaleel McLaughlin.”

https://www.milehighreport.com/2023/8/20/23839209/sean-payton-jaleel-mclaughlin-denver-broncos

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2023, 06:34:18 PM »
I'm being selfish. I hope that Denver can't squeeze Jaleel on their opening day roster. I hope that they try to sneak him through waivers before they place him on their taxi squad. Then I hope that a certain team in NE Ohio, who has no depth whatsoever behind their star running back, grabs Jaleel. Of course, given the legendary incompetence of the Browns' front office, they would surely pass on McLaughlin even if they got the opportunity.

It was kind of interesting that during the game against SF 49ers, the commentators from SF, after seeing the outstanding screen play scoring the TD said that JM was really good. The Denver local press indicated that JM  would never clear wavier. The said, after the SF game, SF would have claimed him off the wavier themselves.
I thought it was kind of ironic that the team owned by Youngstown would wind up signing a YSU guys.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2023, 06:44:45 AM »
He is a lock to make their roster

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2023, 08:41:33 AM »
It is important to be on the right team. If a team is already 3-deep, it is almost hopeless. Denver was the right fit. New staff & a coach that uses 3-backs; with one being injured. If he goes injured reserve, he will have 4-weeks & then he can do whatever he wants. He can be sold off the Reserve list as I understand. Lots of rumors that Jaleel is Denver's #3 though. I am happy he got another chance after he muffed that kick. That might not have happened on another team. So again, this seems to be a good fit. My only worry is that Denver brought in another back this week, despite the #1 coming back. That gives them 6 backs, with 2 already guaranteed a spot. So McLaughlin still has 4 backs to compete with. Although I saw one was added to the special teams roster, so that makes 3 backs fighting with only 1-spot on the 1st-string open.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 08:52:24 AM by IAA Fan »