Author Topic: GB- Senior Day  (Read 2704 times)

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
GB- Senior Day
« on: February 18, 2023, 07:21:24 AM »
2pm. Let's get out there and support this team and seniors in their last regular season home game!!

BushwoodCC

Re: GB- Senior Day
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2023, 07:38:19 AM »
Will be there! Let's get another big crowd to support our guys!

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 10:28:43 AM »
I'll be there too.  Go Guins!!!

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 12:09:48 PM »
Looking forward to it.  YSU is a 22.5 favorite.

NKU and CSU both won last night so they are just 1 game behind along with of course Milwaukee.   

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2023, 02:55:01 PM »
Hangover team vs house money team.   YSU better start playing some D.

Offline YsuPride

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2023, 05:02:58 PM »
I think we played very good defense in 2nd half.  Another win
Go Guins.  Finish the job on Tuesday at RMU.  I am considering going to the game since it's a close away game.  Anyone planning on going?

Offline mudclods

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2023, 07:35:08 PM »
Game played out pretty much how I expected.  I thought YSU would win something like 85-60.  I thought with it being senior day and coming off that big win Thursday there might be some let down.  Finally YSU got going late in the first half and continued that trend in the second half with the defense picking up the intensity as well.

McBride and Green were tremendous.  Was nice to see Covington get some solid mins and contribute. 

Have to wonder if Shemar is still feeling the effects of that injury; odd he didn't play at all.  He's only played 11 mins in the 4 games since returning from injury.  Dunn really gets no meaningful mins anymore.       

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2023, 08:38:48 PM »
22 wins!!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2023, 08:51:17 PM »
Coach's post game comments were great. Talking about how his mission is to renovate Beeghly and how outdated it is. Testament to him and his coaching staff for bringing in the talent they have with such a bad arena. This guy really, really cares about building this program up. Love it.

Offline ucfpengbuck

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2023, 08:54:53 PM »
22-7.  The last time they had that many wins was 1976-77 season.  Went to every home game that season.

Guys got rolling the 2nd half and played like they were supposed to.  Just want to say that Adian Nelson can run the floor with the best of them.  In the last two games his hustle has led to some baskets on fast breaks.

Really like when Green gets touches in paint and goes to work.  He's so skillful and crafty around the hoop.  Nice deceptive speed and strength.

As I'm posting RMU is blowing out Milwaukee so that game is going to real tough on Tuesday.  Penguins better bring their A+ game.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2023, 09:05:50 PM »
Success means he's gone.  Can't imagine a MAC school won't be calling after this year.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2023, 09:20:46 PM »
If and when he leaves, definitely not soon. I guarantee it won't be for a MAC school.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2023, 09:31:22 PM »
Calhoun just spent six years completing this massive reclamation project. I doubt that he wants to duplicate that at another mid-major school.  With his success this year it will be big time or stay put.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2023, 09:39:44 PM »
Let's enjoy this folks. Bobby Morris put a beating on Milwaukee so gotta be ready Tuesday night.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2023, 09:45:45 PM »
RMU beats Milwaukee by 20. Milwaukee has been down since losing to GB last week in OT at home. We need to be ready and I think coach will have us ready. RMU will try to get our bags in foul trouble since our inside subs are not up to our starters.  We need to be ready and I think we will.