YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Detroit

(1/4) > >>

YsuPride:
Big game.  2pm.   We normally are not very good in afternoon games so I hope we can bring back some of the excitement from Friday nite.  I am thinking somewhere between 2500 and 3k attendance.   Got to control Davis we cannot let him go off on us.  I look for a down to last possession type game.  Any thoughts????

mudclods:
Detroit is a team you never know what you get.  The one constant is Davis.  He's going to get 25-30 points just don't want him going off for 40 and getting others more involved.  When they are make shots they are a dangerous team and can put up points and Davis can singlehandedly put them back in a game, but they can take themselves right out of games as well when they shoot to many 3's or contested shots.

I hope YSU can bring some intensity and it's not a dead atmosphere after Friday night and being a rainy Sunday with football on.  Can't have a letdown.  YSU can't afford to lose any games they should win.  Milwaukee was down 23 last night and came back and beat NKU by 1.  If YSU wins, they'll be tied for first.  CSU plays IUPUI so there could easily be a 4-way tie for first.  And the crazy thing is if YSU loses and Oakland beats RMU, they'd be tied for 4th.

The wild card team I worry about is Wright State.  They got off to a slow start this year, but have a great coach and some really good returning players like Calvin, Davis, Braun & Finke.  They've won 4 of the last 6 including sweeping Milwaukee to get to 6-6.  I'm afraid they could go on a run and/or be a dangerous team in the tourney.   

YsuPride:
So bottom line is we MUST WIN TODAY.

ytownchief22:
Going to be a tough one.

mudclods:
YSU is getting dominated on the boards 24-12 at half. Missed so many points blank shots. Turned Detroit over 9 times & only scored 2 points. Held Detroit without any points the last 3:15 but couldn't cut into deficit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version