Author Topic: Why they would choose us for the playoffs  (Read 15700 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Why they would choose us for the playoffs
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2022, 01:04:20 PM »
YSU should have been in over both Delaware and Montana State!  Everything is rigged just like the last three fake elections we've held!

I agree 💯

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2022, 01:06:31 PM »
How did Garner-Webb get in at 6-5?

won the big south

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2022, 01:08:51 PM »
You must have meant over Montana... Montana State absolutely is a no brainer in over YSU

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2022, 01:10:31 PM »
YSU should have been in over both Delaware and Montana State!  Everything is rigged just like the last three fake elections we've held!
The committee must have received a phone call from the White House to select Delaware.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2022, 01:20:21 PM »
Yep!  Our Chinese corrupted President and his son has money riding on the Blue Hens!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2022, 01:21:23 PM »
In the selection show, the committee chair was saying UD was "safe". Wow. So, Sac State is getting shafted. Should have been the number 1 seed over SDSU because Colorado State and Navy are both bad FBS teams. Sac State went undefeated this season including a win over Colorado State. While Navy is better than colorado state, it isn't good enough to justify UD when UD lost 3 out of the last 4.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2022, 01:21:26 PM »
Do you all remember the excuses from years ago?

1.You can't lose your last game in November: We won five of the last six games. And won the last game in November

2.  You have to have win at least seven games: We've been left out when we had eight wins.

3.  The strength of the conference matters: Clearly they thought the conference was strong, because two of the teams in the conference are seeded. Yet we were not considered.

It's all politics.  I just thought they would be the adults in the room to realize that you've got a pretty good story if you want to promote FCS.

I think the real question needs to be: if we had won eight games would we have been in? Or if we would have won eight games in North Dakota would have won seven, Would North Dakota have been in?

It's a moving target, and the only time we get in is when we are dominant enough to make it to the semifinal or NC game, which is what we do when we get in.  They let all of the pretenders in every single year.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2022, 01:27:48 PM by penguinpower »

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2022, 01:23:48 PM »
In the selection show, the committee chair was saying UD was "safe". Wow. So, Sac State is getting shafted. Should have been the number 1 seed over SDSU because Colorado State and Navy are both bad FBS teams. Sac State went undefeated this season including a win over Colorado State. While Navy is better than colorado state, it isn't good enough to justify UD when UD lost 3 out of the last 4.

That's their admission that it is rigged

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2022, 01:25:31 PM »
Look, as sad as I am that YSU isn't in, YSU would have been a lock with yesterday's win had they won against Missouri State. That was what sealed this for us. In reality, wins against ND, NDSU or MO State would have been all that was needed and all were achievable. To be frank, I knew we were likely out when we lost last week. Shouldn't have lost that game... the bedlam of other bubble teams losing yesterday was the only thing that gave me hope, but I still knew it was a longshot. Simple, win and you're in

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2022, 01:27:13 PM »
Even if we beat Missouri State to go 8-3, they still would have found a way to shaft us!

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2022, 01:27:52 PM »
I know this is really early, but, I'm gonna say now the schedule next year is harder for a playoff push. MUCH harder. I think it is highly likely that we will be 2-2 after our first 4 games next year.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2022, 01:28:21 PM »
Even if we beat Missouri State to go 8-3, they still would have found a way to shaft us!

Maybe, but I don't really think it would have been possible. I think in that scenario we would have been in for sure.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2022, 01:29:14 PM »

Montana got their ass kicked in and went 7-4 in a weaker conference. And they lost their last game.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2022, 01:29:46 PM »

Maybe, but I don't really think it would have been possible. I think in that scenario we would have been in for sure.

But would UND have been in?  I say Yes.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2022, 01:31:52 PM »
I say f*** FCS football.  You can have a shoestring budget and get in the playoffs in a s***** league with no chance to win a national championship.  Adding the eight additional teams didn't do anything for real teams on the bubble.  It just diluted the field.  I say it's time to go FBS.