Author Topic: WBCB, The Valley's CW to Carry Game Against NDSU  (Read 1120 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
WBCB, The Valley's CW to Carry Game Against NDSU
« on: October 01, 2022, 11:13:22 AM »
WBCB, The Valley's CW, will televise the Missouri Valley Football Conference game between Youngstown State University and North Dakota State University tomorrow. The game will begin at 2:00 p.m., live from Fargo, North Dakota.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Re: WBCB, The Valley's CW to Carry Game Against NDSU
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2022, 11:23:46 AM »
Does anyone know if we are going to use our own crew? Don't take this the wrong way Lake, as we seem to use our lower-tier for YSU games, but the NDSU announcers always try too hard to be professional and neutral, and it doesn't work; by Q2 it sounds like they are calling a HS game. So if we are going to have to listen to bad announcing, it might as well be with our own guys.

Since the ESPN agreement, it is impossible to sync up with Hannon. ESPN radio has bad delay. It is not as bad if we pick him up on iheart channel. What have others been doing?

Offline DLHotch

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2022, 01:21:10 PM »
I usually pause the video momentarily with my DVR and toy around with little fast-forward bumps or quick pauses until I get the WKBN iheart radio audio and WBCB video in sync. It sometimes takes a portion of the first quarter to get it close. My AV receiver also allows for a more precise delaying of the audio if it ends up getting ahead of the video. Without a DVR and a receiver with a delay function all bets are off for a simple home fix of the synchronization.

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2022, 02:14:16 PM »
Bob sounds as if he feels a little better
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne