YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

MBB starts practice

<< < (2/6) > >>

mudclods:
Anyone know what happened to Mattia Acunzo?  He played HS at Kennedy.  Was at Toledo during the COVID year, transferred to Robert Morris last year and only played 3 games.  He then transferred to YSU at some point last year and was with the team the last several games.  Guessing he transferred again with YSU picking up several in the portal.

ucfpengbuck:

--- Quote from: mudclods on October 04, 2022, 08:44:47 AM ---Anyone know what happened to Mattia Acunzo?  He played HS at Kennedy.  Was at Toledo during the COVID year, transferred to Robert Morris last year and only played 3 games.  He then transferred to YSU at some point last year and was with the team the last several games.  Guessing he transferred again with YSU picking up several in the portal.

--- End quote ---

A friend of mine ran into him .  Can't remember if it was a knee but Mattia has a leg injury and is done for the season.   I'll ask again for clarification.

PeteGuinYo:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on October 03, 2022, 01:43:34 PM ---Anyone know how practice is going?   Do they have any scrimmages against anyone besides themselves coming up?

--- End quote ---
Scrimmage today (Sat 10/8) from 11:00 am - 12:30 pm at Beeghly.

PeteGuinYo:

--- Quote from: Double ET on September 27, 2022, 09:04:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: Cimo7 on September 27, 2022, 07:35:35 AM ---Certainly a season with high hopes! A lot of new faces. Will be interesting to see which of the bunch steps up. I imagine Cohil & Covington are the nucleus and the guys you give the ball to when you need a basket.

--- End quote ---

Coach might consider playing with 3 guards  with Cohil and Mayes @ back court and Covington @ small forward

--- End quote ---

Only Cohill returns as a starter from last year's team.  The four (4) new guys Rush, Nelson, Green and McBride) will all start.  Rathan-Mayes, Dunn, Hunter, Covington all become bench players.  Owens, Shleton & Irwin will also contibute off the bench.  Watch for true Freshman Lovelace to contribute as well.

Double ET:
If those 4 new transfers could start over Covington, they are either pretty good or Covington’s plays drop off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version