NDSU -17.5    Place your bet.

YSU
1 (14.3%)
NDSU
2 (28.6%)
I vote for hookers and cocaine.
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: The Feeling of Impending Doom  (Read 11425 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
The Feeling of Impending Doom
« on: November 09, 2021, 05:47:55 PM »
The Bison are coming to town on Saturday (kickoff 12 noon), and are favored by 17.5 (low IMHO) with an O/U of 47.5 (also low IMHO).

https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

A very nice write-up that outlines how much the Bison program has at stake in this game:

https://gobison.com/news/2021/11/8/no-5-bison-at-youngstown-state-saturday-in-valley-football-game-of-the-week.aspx

The Bison have the top rushing D and total D. YSU’s defense ranks last. Coming off the Bison’s only loss this season at SDSU one week ago, I don’t see how NDSU doesn’t come out blazing and this doesn’t get ugly. My suspicion is we’re looking at a similar outcome as the NDSU-ISUb game two weeks ago (44-2) except with a few YSU FGs (YSU lost to ISUb 17-28 earlier this season).

Anyone ever see the Mike Tyson vs Marvis Frazier “fight”?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: The Feeling of Impending Doom
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 11:04:34 AM »
Ye of little faith.  I just saw DP on TV last night and he said that the team is getting better every day.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 04:33:22 PM »
Ye of little faith.  I just saw DP on TV last night and he said that the team is getting better every day.

Oh thank goodness! The assistant principal turned principal sees the program that hasn't won a road game in the last four years is on the mend. Phew!  :D
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2021, 06:09:17 PM »
The Bison are coming to town on Saturday (kickoff 12 noon), and are favored by 17.5 (low IMHO) with an O/U of 47.5 (also low IMHO).

https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

A very nice write-up that outlines how much the Bison program has at stake in this game:

https://gobison.com/news/2021/11/8/no-5-bison-at-youngstown-state-saturday-in-valley-football-game-of-the-week.aspx

The Bison have the top rushing D and total D. YSU’s defense ranks last. Coming off the Bison’s only loss this season at SDSU one week ago, I don’t see how NDSU doesn’t come out blazing and this doesn’t get ugly. My suspicion is we’re looking at a similar outcome as the NDSU-ISUb game two weeks ago (44-2) except with a few YSU FGs (YSU lost to ISUb 17-28 earlier this season).

Anyone ever see the Mike Tyson vs Marvis Frazier “fight”?

I’d rather think David v. Goliath. Someone have a rock?

Go Guins! 
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2021, 07:09:14 PM »

Oh thank goodness! The a$$istant principal turned principal sees the program that hasn't won a road game in the last four years is on the mend. Phew!  :D

Honestly what would you expect a head coach to say?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 10:12:20 AM by guinpen »
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 09:11:41 AM »

Oh thank goodness! The a$$istant principal turned principal sees the program that hasn't won a road game in the last four years is on the mend. Phew!  :D

Honestly what would expect a head coach to say?

Can the assistant principal turned principal forfeit this game too and blame the plandemic?

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2021, 10:43:36 AM »
I really believe that our team is not playing up to their potential due to the fact that the coaching staff are way out of their league.  And I feel for the players going into senior day in front of maybe 4000 fans and taking another butt kicking.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 12:16:58 PM »
http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/Valley%20Football%20Stats%20Conf.pdf?path=football

Interesting conference stats. Mitch Davidson leads the league in yards/play due to a very impressive outing and ranks high in several other categories.

Speaking of stats, I love how YSU is losing badly to “hookers and cocaine.”

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2021, 07:43:17 AM »
   4000 fans, I'd sign up for that right now, I was thinking 2500 at best.  Lousy weather, and great noon college football games on TV as well.  You can't run against ND State, and our only offense is running the ball.  Blowout.

I am not a Crenshaw hater, but he has done nothing for me in the pass game.  Last week 75 yards passing.  Yes, he can run, then make him a running back.  QBs need to make plays in the passing game downfield.   

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2021, 12:31:22 AM »
I really believe that our team is not playing up to their potential due to the fact that the coaching staff are way out of their league.  And I feel for the players going into senior day in front of maybe 4000 fans and taking another butt kicking.

4000 fans?  How about 1500 if we count the band.

Shame the seniors and their parents go out like this

I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2021, 06:23:19 AM »
For anyone traumatized by the carnage they’ll witness today, there is a support line set up:

1-800-FIRE-STROLLO

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2021, 02:53:04 PM »
No offensive coordinator, no defensive coordinator, and missed tackles all over the place.

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2021, 03:22:24 PM »
It sad for almost 35 years my fall Saturdays were all about YSU football.  It hasn’t been since 2017.  I spent lots of money supporting them.  There is so much failure here after Tressel built the program in the 90’s.  There is lots of blame to pass around not to have a vision and parley our success to either get us to the next level or be in the right conference.  Penguin club bigwigs and members were content to rub elbows and get there chance to stand on the sidelines at the castle.  Our AD and marketing dept have no vision or the balls to do anything.  We reap what we sow and now we are a bottom feeder program.  I know a few thing good things are ahead.  What does that really mean in this conference.  We have no chance of winning it for years.  We are like Vandy in tfw SEC . They can say they are in the toughest league big deal.  How many times they won it or beat Bama
A Penguin for life!!!

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2021, 06:13:15 PM »
It sad for almost 35 years my fall Saturdays were all about YSU football.  It hasn’t been since 2017.  I spent lots of money supporting them.  There is so much failure here after Tressel built the program in the 90’s.  There is lots of blame to pa$$ around not to have a vision and parley our success to either get us to the next level or be in the right conference.  Penguin club bigwigs and members were content to rub elbows and get there chance to stand on the sidelines at the castle.  Our AD and marketing dept have no vision or the balls to do anything.  We reap what we sow and now we are a bottom feeder program.  I know a few thing good things are ahead.  What does that really mean in this conference.  We have no chance of winning it for years.  We are like Vandy in tfw SEC . They can say they are in the toughest league big deal.  How many times they won it or beat Bama

Well as we sat there this afternoon watching the game and enjoying the weather, we discussed some of these very issues. Certainly there was no vision to parley the success of the nineties to move up or improve conference. Also feel that the Athletic Dept was/is too content to sit on past glory and not demand higher standards moving forward. The only time to brag about being in the toughest conference is when you win it.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2021, 06:47:41 PM »
Listening to the halftime show Tressel commented that Phillips knows how to build a program with high school recruits and the occasional transfer. Can someone show me proof?

Then I punished myself by listening to Phillips post game interview.  Its as though he's trying to convince everyone he knows "coach talk" and he's a pop warner coach.

I'm really lost for where this program is headed.  WOW!