Author Topic: Fighting ??? Forget what they are called now?!?!?  (Read 7005 times)

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Fighting ??? Forget what they are called now?!?!?
« on: November 03, 2021, 06:19:33 PM »
Well. First trip to UND dome. Is Crenshaw healthy?  Will Davidson get the start if he isn’t?  Will we be able to block anyone?  Will the defensive line put pressure on the QB and not expect the secondary to cover for 10 seconds?  Lots of questions!! Not a lot of answers so far.

Go Guins!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Fighting ??? Forget what they are called now?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 06:39:42 PM »
That is funny, about 2 hours ago I was thinking about the game and I could not come up with their mascot name. I guess that says something about how interesting these west of the Mississippi teams are to us.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 07:03:21 PM »
F’in Hawks favored by 11.5 points.  Hawks cover it IMHO.

https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

Read more about the “At Least We’re Not The Worst MVFC Program Bowl” here:

https://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2021-22/releases/und-preview

I find the name “Hawks” insensitive. Change it to protect my feelz.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 07:07:13 PM »
After Phillips  canceled the spring game I would expect a beat down and for UND to run it up!  And he probably deserves  it.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 01:52:26 PM »

did UND change their name from something?

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 02:16:24 PM »

Don’t you find it offensive that YSU is misappropriating the culture of birds dressed in tuxedos?
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

Offline robmat2571

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 02:22:08 PM »
Now that ALL of my professors have retired, I have ZERO reason to return to YSU.  I used to attend a couple of games each year.  But, with the lack of a competitive team and ZERO game day environment, I will spend my Saturdays elsewhere.  It's sad:(. I attended YSU from 1990-1996 and got two degrees.  I was on campus when things were electric.  As someone who lives outside of YTown, I tried to do my part to keep things going.  Until the past couple of years, I still knew all of the starters names, numbers, and stats.  I used to know who YSU was targeting as recruits and wore my Red and White with pride.  It's over!  I'm 50!  I truly believe that in my lifetime I will never see a YSU Championship Football team again:(. I hope I am wrong but, goodbye 'Guins!  Thank you for many years of joy but, at this point in my life, I have better things to do and other teams to root for:(. Thanks for the memories.  Maybe in my next life...

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2021, 02:45:04 PM »
I’ve closely followed YSU FB since I was a kid. I was always the loudest one around me in the stadium (Fitch, away stadiums, and the Castle). The FB program caught a terminal illness named Ron Strollo. The coup de grace was the hiring of a troubled and ethically challenged man named Bo Pelini. During Bo’s tenure, the program went to the FB rainbow bridge.

I stopped any investment of time in the program when they actually recruited a convicted gang rapist.

Now I follow without any passion or emotion. If they win...whatever...if they lose...complete indifference.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2021, 03:48:55 PM »
After Phillips  canceled the spring game I would expect a beat down and for UND to run it up!  And he probably deserves  it.

UND made the playoffs despite our cancellation. They did not have to make the long trip to Ohio and got an extra week to rest and heal before the start of the playoffs.  Under those circumstances, I doubt that they harbor any animosity. Much different story if we were responsible for their failure to make the playoffs.

I am quite sure that they are just salivating for the opportunity to gain six hundred yards against our nonexistent defense.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2021, 06:19:07 PM »

Don’t you find it offensive that YSU is misappropriating the culture of birds dressed in tuxedos?

Ahhh so you’re just like upset with the concept of teams changing names to try and not offend groups?

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2021, 07:36:42 AM »
Now that ALL of my professors have retired, I have ZERO reason to return to YSU.  I used to attend a couple of games each year.  But, with the lack of a competitive team and ZERO game day environment, I will spend my Saturdays elsewhere.  It's sad:(. I attended YSU from 1990-1996 and got two degrees.  I was on campus when things were electric.  As someone who lives outside of YTown, I tried to do my part to keep things going.  Until the past couple of years, I still knew all of the starters names, numbers, and stats.  I used to know who YSU was targeting as recruits and wore my Red and White with pride.  It's over!  I'm 50!  I truly believe that in my lifetime I will never see a YSU Championship Football team again:(. I hope I am wrong but, goodbye 'Guins!  Thank you for many years of joy but, at this point in my life, I have better things to do and other teams to root for:(. Thanks for the memories.  Maybe in my next life...

Another fair weather YSU fan. Typical Youngstown mentality of “what have you done form me lately.”  Don’t even step foot on campus if this thing gets turned around, ever!   Stay off the board. Delete your account. Get rid of ESPN3. Go take your wife shopping on Saturday.

Go Guins!
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2021, 12:26:34 PM »

Another fair weather YSU fan. Typical Youngstown mentality of “what have you done form me lately.”  Don’t even step foot on campus if this thing gets turned around, ever!   Stay off the board. Delete your account. Get rid of ESPN3. Go take your wife shopping on Saturday.

Go Guins!

A true classic. If you are looking for a definition of a true Penguin fan ...look no further than this post.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2021, 02:47:36 PM »
Wouldn’t a “true Penguin fan” try to help the University and team by encouraging participation and attendance?  Or are the stands on game day too crowded?

Any sensible person sees a plethora of reasons to be frustrated and pessimistic about the program. The saboteur AD surely will continue his malpractice for at least 10 more years. If the University doesn’t care, why should anyone else?

The University dismissed me as a decades-long donor and fan…loudly and clearly…..when they recruited the rapist.

F em and the Monus’s car they rode in on.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2021, 04:00:08 PM »
Nation. The university tossed your former HC and gave his AD job to someone else back in the 80's. The only Monus' cars I knew about were driven by your Tressel-recruited QB from 88-91. Yet I am sure you were not talking this way after those incidents. Stick was encouraging your attendance.

So many of you people are just looking for a scapegoat for why the team is so bad. I just turned 60 years of age and I too wonder if I will live long enough to see YSU return to prominence in football. Stop doing that. Keep your focus on the team and the staff. “It’s Tressel’s hire”; well yes it is, he is the president and this is a football head-coach (an administrative pick). “Ron Strollo’s mismanagement has caused all problems with Athletics at YSU”. Well the truth is he was also a Tressel pick and his management has been exceeding my wildest expectations for years now. Our campus has become the envy of many (instead of the embarrassment it used to be to any conference we looked to join) and our sports are more realistic quality than an afterthought in the eyes of egotistically blinded “Tressel-junkies”.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2021, 09:32:57 PM »

Go Guins!

A true cla$$ic. If you are looking for a definition of a true Penguin fan ...look no further than this post.

Call a spade a spade. Shame that we have fans like this. “Oh. I was around in the 90s and was a student and we were good and we were winners and why aren’t we winners again??”  Whaaaaa!!  Whaaaaa!! Whaaaaa!!  True fans stick with the team through thick and thin. Right now we are in the thick and people with thin skin are on the way out.

Go Guins
THE DRIVE FOR 5