YSU +17.5.   Your bet?

YSU
3 (30%)
RABBITS
4 (40%)
The final margin of defeat will be 17.5 points
3 (30%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: RABBITS  (Read 9885 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
RABBITS
« on: October 27, 2021, 02:05:38 PM »
SDSU favored by 17.5

https://madduxsports.com/college-football-lines.php

Penguins hope to snap the streak of offensive possessions ending in a pick at 4. Please excuse the spelling errors in the write up by this higher learning institution.

https://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2021-22/releases/sdsu-preview
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline dwj

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: RABBITS
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 02:45:01 PM »
No defense, no OL, and back up QB 17.5 may be a little low.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 03:13:04 PM »
DWJ you forgot to include the coaching staff

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 04:14:44 PM »
I am looking for one of these potential playoff teams to look past the Penguins and get themselves in a trap game looking forward to a more important game the following week.  Granted, we have a long way to go but there is potential, as we have seen, for them to put 4 quarters together.  I think that is some of the only hope we have. Weather this Saturday looks miserable so maybe that will equal some things out.  Can only hope and keep looking at the positives each week.  I think there were spots all year that we played like a playoff team, just do not have the 50 players needed depth wise to run this further and allow the coaches to push the envelope on schemes and Xs and Os.  Just like the old football saying, "It's not the Xs and Os, but the Jimmy's and Joe's!"  Right now we don't have enough of the Jimmy's and Joe's to get the job done on a consistent basis.  We have to look to the portal in the off season, develop the talent we have and recruit like crazy!!

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 07:07:51 AM »
I don't know. I am not sure that any of these teams are used to more traditional YSU football, which is what we have with Craycraft, so if there is a chance of an upset, this week will be it.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 01:52:24 PM »
We all know that our defense is not merely inadequate, it is terrible.  My question is how did this happen? Basically we are playing the same guys that performed at a surprisingly high level during the winter. And even if you consider the coaches to be incompetent, the same gang was calling the shots less than nine months ago. I have never seen a defense with so many returning starters deteriorate so rapidly and so completely. If anybody has an explanation, please share it.

As far as this game is concerned, SDSU seems to be having their own defensive issues when they play a good offense.  Of course, with Crenshaw either gone or neutralized by injury, our offense is now not much better than our defense. We are going to experience four horrendous weeks of football.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 09:19:18 AM »
The Rabbits are coming off of a bad loss.  They know they still have an outside chance at a seed but also want to host a home playoff game.  Prepare for an ass kicking.  As I've said before, we need patience.  This is going to take time.

On another note, consider that last season was short and it was the first time the other Valley coaches got to see our schemes.  They are prepared and we are probably more banged up.  Bad combination.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2021, 11:25:52 AM »
  Crenshaw out for tomorrow.

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2021, 07:05:40 PM »
Crenshaw and Davidson can throw the ball, probably better than Crenshaw. But they probably can't evade the rush nearly as well so with our O line troubles, we would seem to be in major trouble. This is especially true if we get into obvious passing situations like 3rd and long etc. Also without Crenshaw our running game will suffer since they only need to be concerned with 8. I hope the O coordinator is not totally predictable to help these qbs. Also would like to see the running back from Liberty who is bigger and stronger to help the run game and pass blocking. And when the rush get to the qb, lets not panic and throw interceptions like last week. We can't be so predicatable for us to have a chance.

Our D has not been good all fall. Hope they can do better tomorrow and help. Probably too much to ask for the offense to help them with long drives etc. On paper this looks bad from all angles.

Lets hope for a good game from all YSU players and coaches to keep the game interesting.

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2021, 07:19:47 PM »
Crenshaw and Davidson can throw the ball, probably better than Crenshaw. But they probably can't evade the rush nearly as well so with our O line troubles, we would seem to be in major trouble. This is especially true if we get into obvious pa$$ing situations like 3rd and long etc. Also without Crenshaw our running game will suffer since they only need to be concerned with 8. I hope the O coordinator is not totally predictable to help these qbs. Also would like to see the running back from Liberty who is bigger and stronger to help the run game and pa$$ blocking. And when the rush get to the qb, lets not panic and throw interceptions like last week. We can't be so predicatable for us to have a chance.

Our D has not been good all fall. Hope they can do better tomorrow and help. Probably too much to ask for the offense to help them with long drives etc. On paper this looks bad from all angles.

Lets hope for a good game from all YSU players and coaches to keep the game interesting.

Heard Becker and Yobue are both out also. I would agree. On paper looks bad. Can’t give up the big plays and be close in the 4th. If not. Early exits.

Go Guins!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 07:21:03 PM by peteonastick »
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2021, 06:26:59 AM »
I didn't listen to press conference or check the paper or anything. Is Jaleel going to be back or is he still injured?

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2021, 02:17:20 PM »
Doesn't matter, our offensive coordinator is going to call the same stupid off tackle play!

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2021, 02:28:02 PM »
Doesn't matter, our offensive coordinator is going to call the same stupid off tackle play!

Doesn’t matter, our defensive coordinator called same stupid defense plays. We have no answers to all their offensive plays.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2021, 04:32:02 PM »
Well!  At least we have a football team!  I don't know what Akron has!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2021, 05:47:16 PM »
Worst coaching staff in the country.