Author Topic: Missouri Valley All Conference Team  (Read 2703 times)

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Missouri Valley All Conference Team
« on: April 22, 2021, 04:27:48 PM »
  No YSU player on first team.  Thought maybe Jaleel McLaughlin deserved it, but when you look at the numbers that Otis Weah at North Dakota and Pierre Strong at SDSU put up, they both deserved first team.

Player of the year is the true freshman QB from SDSU, Mark Gronowski.  We just don't have the talent on this roster to consistently compete and win.  DP has a lot of work to do.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Missouri Valley All Conference Team
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 07:44:21 PM »
  No YSU player on first team.  Thought maybe Jaleel McLaughlin deserved it, but when you look at the numbers that Otis Weah at North Dakota and Pierre Strong at SDSU put up, they both deserved first team.

Player of the year is the true freshman QB from SDSU, Mark Gronowski.  We just don't have the talent on this roster to consistently compete and win.  DP has a lot of work to do.

I just finished writing a detailed post about why Jaleel deserved 1st team since he has the most yards despite having a worse o line than the all conference picks... however I just noticed he played two more games than them 😂

I still think he deserved a spot, really excited to see what he does next year. Definitely the most exciting Penguin to watch this season.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 07:53:30 PM by Kandrase »

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 07:57:02 PM »
Also, grant Dixon our LB made 1st team

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 06:25:47 AM »
With the new ncaa transfer rule, I wonder how many of the 1st conference team younger guys (such as SDSU freshman QB) will consider transferring to D1-A.