Author Topic: WIU Game  (Read 16717 times)

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: WIU Game
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2021, 09:22:36 AM »
This is  very sloppy game, we need to take control, long drive with points
First time this season YSU has been out hustled out coached. DP has some work to do. Hard to believe a 1-4 team was overconfident but that’s just what they look like.

I agree, we were out coached in the 2nd half
yes, but we were out hustled big time.  First time we've quit in a game.  We played NDSU to the very last play.  Made me proud, Saturday made me sad. How in the world can a 1-4 team be overconfident?!?!?  Hard to believe.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2021, 08:15:47 AM »
I just saw that Western Illinois has canceled the remainder of their football season due to a lack of players at some positions. And after they beat us!

Offline Penquin68

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2021, 08:38:20 AM »
Another thought is that I think Western Illinois is in serious financial trouble. Their last 2 games being canceled are road game which in this conference can be very expensive.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2021, 09:24:38 AM »
Another thought is that I think Western Illinois is in serious financial trouble. Their last 2 games being canceled are road game which in this conference can be very expensive.
...........and they beat us!

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2021, 11:03:33 AM »

I think that they and ISU red should be reprimanded by the league big time. I doubt that lack of players is the reason and agree that money, or lack there of, is the real reason.

Two road games for them means two home games for the other schools. All schools had the same number of home and away games, so it is likely that these two schools made their away games and deserved a chance to play at home and maybe make some money.

At least ISU blue made the call not to play up front.

“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2021, 11:13:41 AM »

I think that they and ISU red should be reprimanded by the league big time. I doubt that lack of players is the reason and agree that money, or lack there of, is the real reason.

Two road games for them means two home games for the other schools. All schools had the same number of home and away games, so it is likely that these two schools made their away games and deserved a chance to play at home and maybe make some money.

I'm looking at the stands on our home games and the ESPN+ broadcasts and I'm not seeing anybody covering expenses so far.  Not even NDSU who could pack the place if they were allowed, had enough, I think 500?  Can't make money with government restrictions like that!
Only decent crowd in any sport in a year was the Texas Rangers!  My new favorite team.  Tribe is a bunch of cheap losers.  Indian tribes should push a name change for this bunch of no hit wonders. No "tomahawk chop" in Cleveland.  They just leave the tomahawk on their shoulder until the ump. calls them out!

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2021, 11:22:37 AM »

I'm looking at the stands on our home games and the ESPN+ broadcasts and I'm not seeing anybody covering expenses so far.  Not even NDSU who could pack the place if they were allowed, had enough, I think 500?  Can't make money with government restrictions like that!
Only decent crowd in any sport in a year was the Texas Rangers!  My new favorite team.  Tribe is a bunch of cheap losers.  Indian tribes should push a name change for this bunch of no hit wonders. No "tomahawk chop" in Cleveland.  They just leave the tomahawk on their shoulder until the ump. calls them out!

f*** MLB

Online guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2021, 01:48:38 PM »

f*** MLB

ditto on mlb
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2021, 11:41:15 AM »
I'm fine with telling MLB to F _ _ _ OFF!  But my point was NOBODY is making money off empty stadiums.  Not the NCAA schools, not pro sports.  NFL makes enough off TV they can get by, but everybody else relies on attendance, and NOBODY (but the Rangers) are putting enough butts in the seats to cover costs.   

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2021, 08:04:43 PM »
I'm fine with telling MLB to F _ _ _ OFF!  But my point was NOBODY is making money off empty stadiums.  Not the NCAA schools, not pro sports.  NFL makes enough off TV they can get by, but everybody else relies on attendance, and NOBODY (but the Rangers) are putting enough butts in the seats to cover costs.

Temporary government restrictions are the least of our concerns when it comes to attendance IMO, I've seen some pretty thin crowds the last few years, especially late in the season.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2021, 09:29:51 AM »

Temporary government restrictions are the least of our concerns when it comes to attendance IMO, I've seen some pretty thin crowds the last few years, especially late in the season.
Losing causes attendance to drop you say??  Really?  Thanks for the update Captain Obvious!  What's also confusing me is I don't see how your comment isn't relevant to my comment.  Are you telling me that government "oversite" has not reduced the football/basketball revenue at YSU?  If so, I must respectfully disagree. 

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2021, 10:51:27 AM »

Losing causes attendance to drop you say??  Really?  Thanks for the update Captain Obvious!  What's also confusing me is I don't see how your comment isn't relevant to my comment.  Are you telling me that government "oversite" has not reduced the football/basketball revenue at YSU?  If so, I must respectfully disagree.

Well, the government restricts us to 3600 attendees in our stadium, we’re only averaging 2,063 per home game  this year.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2021, 03:06:45 PM »

Well, the government restricts us to 3600 attendees in our stadium, we’re only averaging 2,063 per home game  this year.
Restrictions discourage attendance.  And the people who come to tailgate are.... let me count..............-0-
That discourages attendees too.  Government restrictions restrict attendance. If you dispute that fine, we
 will have to agree to disagree. 

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2021, 07:10:35 PM »
This government restrictions are political ploy to control the citizens because they were not based on science or balance of collective considerations and/or various aspects of the society.

The restrictions effectively killed the ticket sales on game day “walk up” attendance became zero.

My daughter told me that WV Governor announced that all restaurants are now allow to open @ 100% capacity for in door dining. However, the tables must still be 6 feet apart and no more than 7 people per table. So much for full capacity.

Because my daughter has an infant, her party had to sit in two separate tables, six feet apart. Really!

As Dr. Fauci said today, we still should not eat in door at a restaurant after full vaccination. What an idiot.

Offline Kandrase

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2021, 10:41:27 PM »
Look I’m honestly not trying to make a political statement, I’m just saying that we have bigger issues to deal with when it comes to attendance than restrictions during a wierd spring season. I’m way more concerned with what attendance looks like in the fall.

Though it is kind of amazing that it’s so low considering it’s the only football being played now, don’t even have tOSU to blame
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 10:51:48 PM by Kandrase »