Author Topic: Malachi Newell  (Read 3425 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Malachi Newell
« on: March 03, 2021, 12:01:10 PM »
Farrell native Malachi Newell is leaving Youngstown State University’s football team.

The Penguins’ linebacker and YSU graduate announced on Wednesday that he has entered the NCAA’s transfer portal.

Newell appeared in both games this season and recorded four tackles, including one tackle-for-loss against Northern Iowa last Saturday.

Newell has played in 35 games at Youngstown State as a member of special teams and reserve linebacker. He announced he has one year of college eligibility remaining.

As a senior at Farrell, Newell led the entire state with 232 tackles and accounted for over 1,000 yards of total offense and 15 touchdowns while leading the Steelers to a District X Championship and an appearance in the Class A State Championship game.

He was also named a 2015 member of our WKBN Big 22.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Malachi Newell
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 12:14:19 PM »
He should be an outstanding player for Slippery Rock for his year of eligibility
Good luck kid.
 A new coach, needing to build for the future is going to leave a few seniors in his wake.  Unfortunate, but true.  That's why I don't see wasting time on a junior in Craycraft. Go with the freshman, build toward a couple years from now when hopefully we don't get the OL confused with the cast of Golden Girls.
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 06:57:33 AM »
He should be an outstanding player for Slippery Rock for his year of eligibility
Good luck kid.
 A new coach, needing to build for the future is going to leave a few seniors in his wake.  Unfortunate, but true.  That's why I don't see wasting time on a junior in Craycraft. Go with the freshman, build toward a couple years from now when hopefully we don't get the OL confused with the cast of Golden Girls.

From what I have seen so far, I would take Bea Arthur right now.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 11:55:50 AM »
Good luck kid.

From what I have seen so far, I would take Bea Arthur right now.
That girl that played her daughter was HOT!  Adrienne Barbeau
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 11:47:03 AM »
He is going to IUP, D2 is a good choice. Best to him
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne